Possible M12 Warthog build and deployment publicly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm i dont have any specifics in mind, i was gonna go down to the junkyard or auto impound and see what they have. What foes everyone suggest?

Troop Hog?

Basic Warthog?

Umm i dont have any specifics in mind, i was gonna go down to the junkyard or auto impound and see what they have. What foes everyone suggest?

Troop Hog?

Basic Warthog?

Can't go wrong the the tried and true basic Hog with the M41 LAAG.

Thats what i thought but then i was also thinking that maybe i could help build one that hasnt been done yet.....the Troop Hog

Thats what i thought but then i was also thinking that maybe i could help build one that hasnt been done yet.....the Troop Hog

Ha! Then why'd you ask?

If you're building this to eventually loan it out to people filming, most are probably going to want the classic Hog. Maybe make it able to convert from one type to another.

Thats a great idea, and i asked because i thought even though most people want to see the regular hog it would be even cooler to see a troop hog but i completely agree with your idea! Genius!

Have you considered reaching out to anyone in the rooster teeth community, with 3 million users if your could get a shout out on there the funding would flood in.

So far we have reached out to Bungie Communities (little effect, i think), 405th Communities, Facebook & Twitter Contacts, but not Rooster Teeth. Thanks for the suggestion, forgot about them (no offense, Rooster Teeth). Will do next.

If we gave out incentives for donating to support the project what kind of incentives would you like to see?

If we gave out incentives for donating to support the project what kind of incentives would you like to see?
For most projects, people set up items they can send to people, such as armor and whatnot. For this, you need something interesting without having to piece out the entire vehicle to them. So, perhaps something like this:

Easy Donation: ($5) Large print picture of the vehicle in a position of their choice (they choose the angle, who is in it, etc.).
Normal Donation: ($50) A plaque located on the vehicle with their name, as well as a plaque for them.
Heroic Donation: ($500) Up close access and ride at a public location near to them (con, event, etc.).
Legendary Donation: ($5,000) Private visit and ride at a location of their choice (home, school, work, etc.).

Or, something along those lines. I couldn't afford most of it, but this is a good idea.

For most projects, people set up items they can send to people, such as armor and whatnot. For this, you need something interesting without having to piece out the entire vehicle to them. So, perhaps something like this:

Easy Donation: ($5) Large print picture of the vehicle in a position of their choice (they choose the angle, who is in it, etc.).
Normal Donation: ($50) A plaque located on the vehicle with their name, as well as a plaque for them.
Heroic Donation: ($500) Up close access and ride at a public location near to them (con, event, etc.).
Legendary Donation: ($5,000) Private visit and ride at a location of their choice (home, school, work, etc.).

Or, something along those lines. I couldn't afford most of it, but this is a good idea.

$500 bucks is a little much for a one time thing you know, maybe like $150 or 250 for that.

and 5K for a warthog on location for a film use, that's really out there now if its for like a lot of shots then sure but if its for like what FUD did then it would be more like 1.5k becasue then its cheaper for the person wanting to use it.

great idea thanks, ya that's the part i was having a bit of trouble with...but the plaques would have to be removable because you don't want them on when you're driving because they'll get damaged.

$500 bucks is a little much for a one time thing you know, maybe like $150 or 250 for that.

and 5K for a warthog on location for a film use, that's really out there now if its for like a lot of shots then sure but if its for like what FUD did then it would be more like 1.5k because then its cheaper for the person wanting to use it.

And $500 isnt really that high for the incentive.... :confused

Hes talking about the 5k reward including the warthog being driven to your house or business, etc. Not being used for filming. These are the rewards for donating. The vehicle being used for filming is after all of this is done and over with. And the fee, which i had proposed to pay in order to use it for filming; was so we could keep the thing running which would only be like $200-$300 for 1 month. That's the idea i had but is subject to change if needed.

Public Warthog Project

so say that we need something along the lines of tip of the spear, what's that gonna run because that's seavarl hogs and spades and mongooses. and i never seen a yes or no to that.

so say that we need something along the lines of tip of the spear, what's that gonna run because that's seavarl hogs and spades and mongooses. and i never seen a yes or no to that.

My guess is that would run somewhere around 75-100k to build if were talking 3+

Gotta remember we are building vehicles from ground-up.

totally. it will run off solar powered awesomeness and we could put a hot tub in the back. Wow this is sounding awesome already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back