Possibly a new, cheaper respirator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asymth

I was browsing lowes.com today and i found this, and I was wondering if it could be used for fiberglassing. The site says it can but what do you guys think?

I'm fairly sure by "fiberglass" they mean dust, not fumes. That would probably be fine for sanding, but for actual fiberglass resin work that won't cut it.

That is strictly for fine dust and particulates, not for fumes, as previously mentioned. You need a quality respirator with the ability to filter organic vapors, the type that are of course emitted by such things as fiberglass resin and bondo. In my opinion, its definitely not something you should take lightly. Spend the extra money to make sure that you are well protected.

-Matt

I was browsing lowes.com today and i found this, and I was wondering if it could be used for fiberglassing. The site says it can but what do you guys think?

You've got to read those safety instructions very carefully. It says "fibreglass", not "resin".

You can use that thing wile cutting your fibreglass cloth and it will protect you from inhaling any of those tiny glass particles that may start flying around, but it will not protect you from any kind of vapour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back