Power Rangers Wild Force Blue Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty 714

IM FINALLY DOING IT MOOOOM!!! IM FINALLY GONNA BE A POWER RANGER!!!! ... ahem... anyway...
20210315_104839.jpg20210315_104844.jpg
3DVagabond
Power rangers wild force blue helmet kit arrived today :D. It looks amazing and I dint think im going to have to sand it very much. Still gonna have to sand it tho, just not alot. I've already run into an issue tho lol.
20210315_104852.jpg
That seam on the back is where you get your head in. It cuts in around those triangular bump things and it's slightly too small to get my head in. What tools do I need to do a recut to make the hole a little bigger?

Last edited:
First, congratulations on the first steps on getting a helmet. The most suitable tool you can use to cut it would be a dremel with a carbide wheel.

1615903432866.png

Keep in mind that it may not look like this in hardware stores, but this wheel can cut through plastic. However, that's not the biggest threat cutting the helmet. It's how are you going to get around this area here.

20210315_104852 Alt.jpg

Now, you could go the usual route and cut it horizontally like all the other helmets. You, on the other hand, want to preserve the "fins" as much as you can. It's not impossible, but it will be difficult to do this. If you can find a drill bit small enough, you can create a hole where the fins fork off in to separate directions.

20210315_104852 Alt 2.jpg

Attached with the carbide wheel, you can try to orient the dremel tool vertically to make the cuts leading back to the "nexus" hole that you made. That could solve that issue. I never actually tackled a situation like this before where the helmet has so many geometrical shapes.

Good luck to you since this is the only helmet you have. You are going to need it.

First, congratulations on the first steps on getting a helmet. The most suitable tool you can use to cut it would be a dremel with a carbide wheel.

View attachment 304114

Keep in mind that it may not look like this in hardware stores, but this wheel can cut through plastic. However, that's not the biggest threat cutting the helmet. It's how are you going to get around this area here.

View attachment 304115

Now, you could go the usual route and cut it horizontally like all the other helmets. You, on the other hand, want to preserve the "fins" as much as you can. It's not impossible, but it will be difficult to do this. If you can find a drill bit small enough, you can create a hole where the fins fork off in to separate directions.

View attachment 304116

Attached with the carbide wheel, you can try to orient the dremel tool vertically to make the cuts leading back to the "nexus" hole that you made. That could solve that issue. I never actually tackled a situation like this before where the helmet has so many geometrical shapes.

Good luck to you since this is the only helmet you have. You are going to need it.

20210415_202603.jpg
so the boots are here! :D they comfy my guys... bought them on ez cosplay. Great quality there is a small area on the right boot that has green paint on it somehow but like... its not the end of the world lol. I'm sure I can fix it somehow :)
Image_26951.jpg 20210415_202713.jpg there's the green part. Oh well... I can probably paint it or something, better to be an offshade of blue than green lol

Last edited:
Yeah, that stamped colored imprint would annoy the hell out of me. Make sure you get the right leather paint that doesn't flake off as easily.

Last edited:
IM FINALLY DOING IT MOOOOM!!! IM FINALLY GONNA BE A POWER RANGER!!!! ... ahem... anyway...
View attachment 304077View attachment 304078
3DVagabond
Power rangers wild force blue helmet kit arrived today :D. It looks amazing and I dint think im going to have to sand it very much. Still gonna have to sand it tho, just not alot. I've already run into an issue tho lol.
View attachment 304079
That seam on the back is where you get your head in. It cuts in around those triangular bump things and it's slightly too small to get my head in. What tools do I need to do a recut to make the hole a little bigger?
Do you have a rotary tool w/ a cutting disk?

Suit came in
20210515_225733.jpg

I'm impressed by the quality. Somehow the color matches the boots perfectly lol. The materials are great, the colors are great. Overall it's really accurate, but it's too small on me. I'm contacting the seller to see if I can trade it in for a larger size. It wouldn't be much of an issue if not for the fact that the gold collar area is a non-stretch material and it basically chokes me when I put it on lol. It will be perfect in the correct size tho and I'd recommend the seller. Uncle hulk on aliexpress. Just make sure you order a size up haha.

PS: I'm losing weight lol. I know I don't quite have spandex body yet lol... but I shall soon :3

Hm... When I first saw the suit, my main concern wasn't the actual size, but more on the layout of it. In relevance to the body size, if they should have lowered the golden bands further down to the side. Right now, it just looks too high up. The second part of the suit is the patch. The design is almost indistinguishable to the actual design. But it's too small. Now, I will give a nod to the team on the gold material. Gold spandex does exist, but getting the right one can be a challenge. You don't want it too flashy to clash with the suit. Overall the suit looks nice, but those are my views on it.

Here's the thing about returns from some makers in China. It takes a while to make an order to receive it, but it's a hassle to return it. Mainly because it has to go through customs I think. I once tried to get a return on some boots ordered and the maker told me to have it altered by a shoemaker in town. That was a 150 dollar adjustment for just 3 inches...

Ooof... Big Oof...

So in the future I'll go through the process to make my own boots in the future. Any way, jumping back on the suit. Yes, it does look like it was on the small side. Did you put in the measurements on the site or did you pick the size from the chart?

Hm... When I first saw the suit, my main concern wasn't the actual size, but more on the layout of it. In relevance to the body size, if they should have lowered the golden bands further down to the side. Right now, it just looks too high up. The second part of the suit is the patch. The design is almost indistinguishable to the actual design. But it's too small. Now, I will give a nod to the team on the gold material. Gold spandex does exist, but getting the right one can be a challenge. You don't want it too flashy to clash with the suit. Overall the suit looks nice, but those are my views on it.

Here's the thing about returns from some makers in China. It takes a while to make an order to receive it, but it's a hassle to return it. Mainly because it has to go through customs I think. I once tried to get a return on some boots ordered and the maker told me to have it altered by a shoemaker in town. That was a 150 dollar adjustment for just 3 inches...

Ooof... Big Oof...

So in the future I'll go through the process to make my own boots in the future. Any way, jumping back on the suit. Yes, it does look like it was on the small side. Did you put in the measurements on the site or did you pick the size from the chart?
i picked a size from the chart. and all the placement of the details will probably be fixed if i get a larger size, at least i know the gold part will. Not sure about the patch tho, but i think the patch just looks small because im big haha.

i picked a size from the chart. and all the placement of the details will probably be fixed if i get a larger size, at least i know the gold part will. Not sure about the patch tho, but i think the patch just looks small because im big haha.
No, it's not that you're a bigger person. They should have at least matched the size of the patch to the size of the suit. That's a miscalculation on their end. Here's what you need to do. If they can accept a return, ask them if you can get a larger size or a custom made suit fitted to you. Once they say that you can, I want you to take time out and self measure your body. Write them down and input them into the section where you can type in the numbers of each body part. Take note that you should only do this if they can't do a return and you have to order one again from scratch.

However in the event that they will accept the return, type out, on the email message, the body measurements so you can get it adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back