Practice W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOLTY TacoMan

Jr Member
Im making a medium def MK VI all the way through. At first it was just going to be a size tester but then i figured why not go ahead and get some practice on the other aspects of armour making. When im finshed with this I might give it to my neighbor. I have the helmet pepped now which in my opinion isnt that bad for my first one. I should have the right 4arm done by tonight or tomorrow night depending on how long it takes me to do my Homework. I am using the MrOreo123 unfolds of the Robogenesis medium def files.
The helmet is pepped.
Front
DSC04252.jpg

Left Side
DSC04251.jpg

Malechei said:
Not bad man... is this just a size tester or will you be finishing it?
im going to finish it just for practice on the resin, glass, bondo, and paint stages

Last edited by a moderator:
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Looks good, but I suggest using Flying Squirl's HD helmet later to save yourself time and resources afterwards.
this started as a size tester for the FS helmet
im going to get started on my HD armour either when im done or about halfway through
i made about half of an HD bicep before i relized it was slightly to small and stopped about 2 months ago

Nirvana said:
Yes use FS HD Helmet, I'm actually in the beginning of making it FROM TONIGHT, :D
I honestly don't especialy like the looks of the FS HD I'm planning on doing actualy a few. The only reason I'm doing the FS HD helmet is because it looks the most game accurate. My favorite helmet is "the one that Doc used".

JOLTY TacoMan said:
I honestly don't especialy like the looks of the FS HD I'm planning on doing actualy a few. The only reason I'm doing the FS HD helmet is because it looks the most game accurate. My favorite helmet is "the one that Doc used".
Yes it is very game accurate, this is why I am also making it...

Also because it the chief man.

i like the idea to not use so much detail just to size it. i put all the detail in mine and it turned out to be too small :cautious:

Nirvana said:
Yes it is very game accurate, this is why I am also making it...

Also because it the chief man.
um... The helmet that I'm talking about is an Mk VI also

hey
way later then planned but oh well. I finished the left 4arm last night and i think this is the worst pep i have ever done. I think it may even be worse then my first pep ever but oh well, i might redo it later if i find time.
i had to cut the hole for my hand bigger cuz my hand would'nt fit.
here is a pic
DSC04300.jpg

ps: sorry for the double post but seemed kinda like i had no other choice

At first it was just going to be a size tester but then i figured why not go ahead and get some practice on the other aspects of armour making. When im finshed with this I might give it to my neighbor.

That's the right attitude to have! Keep it going strong!

The helm looks great! You put that thing together so much better than I did (I'm still working on getting perfect folds).

I did it as a size tester too and just spray painted it.

I've got all the other processes down, pretty much.

Are you planning on doing the whole suit?

Brothers Darkness said:
Oh, my bad.
it's cool dont sweat it
i have decided on doing the chest piece for my next piece of the armour
i have printed most of it out but i accidentaly printed some on the wrong side of some re-used cardstock
should have an update in a week or so

JOLTY TacoMan said:
it's cool dont sweat it
i have decided on doing the chest piece for my next piece of the armour
i have printed most of it out but i accidentaly printed some on the wrong side of some re-used cardstock
should have an update in a week or so

Super freaking sweet! Can't wait to see!

yea i know i said i was going to do the chest piece a long time ago but i got busy and lol yea what ever.
so here is a quick update
"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="630" height="350"></embed></object>
EDIT:thanks Drakku for the embedding help

There's a Youtube BBCode, just copy that video code (_VSV6stxvS4), click the 'Insert: YouTube' on the side, then paste it into the box.

:D Anyway, on topic..
How did I miss this before? That helmet looks awesome, I can't see any warps in it.
Your pep'ing looks nice and smooth, should make things easier down the line and be excellent practice.

Keep up the good work! :)

Drakku said:
There's a Youtube BBCode, just copy that video code (_VSV6stxvS4), click the 'Insert: YouTube' on the side, then paste it into the box.

:D Anyway, on topic..
How did I miss this before? That helmet looks awesome, I can't see any warps in it.
Your pep'ing looks nice and smooth, should make things easier down the line and be excellent practice.

Keep up the good work! :)
thanks a lot
me and Vdub might go buy some resin and bondo this weekend so im pretty excited.
btw: i think it wont embed because it is still rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back