Progress On My New Set Of Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the details you added and am also interested to find out what you used. It almost looks like foamies. What did you use to cut the lines on the detail piece next to the visor?

dannifood4less said:
its actually not as many folds as most models with half the detail, there are a few tricky parts though,, it looks like you used the first smooth helmet model, i have made a new one since then,,, its easier to build,, lol sorry.

It actually wasn't too bad. I thought it was a lot easier than the other one I was gonna do. I liked the model because it had alot less folds so no need to be sorry about it. ;) As far as the details go I used poster board. I just layered two together to make the crevices deeper.

EDIT: Well I finally added the finishing touches to the helm. I just need to wait for spring so I can resin it and keep going. But until then what should I start next. I was gonna do the chest but FS is not done with it yet. So what should I do next hand,legs,arms,crotch?

details.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you seem to have handled the helmet build quite nicely. I built the helmet and just finished the torso. I'd say go for the torso if there is a pep file out there you are happy with.

daz pretty dope.
props for spending the time to create the dang thing.
[man.. cutting the dang cardstock was a pain in the butt fun]

I am working very slow but I want to make sure its all right and I just like to take long breaks but I just finished the hand piece. Again I think its a little big. The original scale was 3.5 but I guessed and used 3. So if I need to go down how far do you think I will need to go. I dont want to start the other one till im sure its right. I just cant wait to start the chest.

hand001.jpg

hand002.jpg

After taking a couple days break i started and finished the new hand piece and I think this one was right on the nose. Again sorry for being so slow just trying to take my time and do it all right. My last set of armor was rushed and I want to do the best work I can. Im just waiting for FS to finish the torso but until he does what should I do next? Bicep, Forearm, Crotch?

hand003.jpg

hand004.jpg

Looks sweet, man. The helmet looks perfect, and the hand plates are pretty good too.

It's kinda creepy that you built danni's old smooth helmet and Robo's high detail hand plates, because I did the exact same thing...

The extra detail on the helmet looks great, by the way.

Everything looks great. Finally get to see one of my pieces assembled. :D
I say you do my boot. It's high detail, plus I'm working on a high detail bicep at the moment, so...

If you son't care about the high detail things, then my Basic Beta Mk VI pack has the Bicep/shoulder in one piece, or two if you want that.
High detail models HERE
Basic Beta models HERE

Robogenisis said:
Everything looks great. Finally get to see one of my pieces assembled. :D
I say you do my boot. It's high detail, plus I'm working on a high detail bicep at the moment, so...

If you son't care about the high detail things, then my Basic Beta Mk VI pack has the Bicep/shoulder in one piece, or two if you want that.
High detail models HERE
Basic Beta models HERE

oh dont worry I WILL be doing your boots ;) Im doing a mix of peoples armor to get the result im wanting. Im looking for high detailed but easy to work with armor pieces so keep em coming.

TwitchFMX8811 said:
oh dont worry I WILL be doing your boots ;) Im doing a mix of peoples armor to get the result im wanting. Im looking for high detailed but easy to work with armor pieces so keep em coming.
I'm going to do about the same thing. I don't think I'm going to make a chest piece or helmet, seeing that FS has already made some great ones. I'll just model the pieces that he doesn't.
Only thing is that it is harder on me because I have to actually make the model before I can make the piece.:lol:
In the end, my suit will be a Robogenisis/flying_squirrel suit. :D

Sorry for the double post buts its been a long time. Just wanted to let you know im not dead or anything. Ive been in the middle of moving my girlfriend and been real busy. I started an AR waiting for FS to get an unfolded torso up and I got about half way through when he did so I should finish that up today or tomarrow and then Ill get started on the torso. Also does anyone know of a HD forarm piece? I looked at slyfo's but his is missing the details on the top near the wrist.

EDIT: Well I finished the AR tonight. FINALLY! Gonna add the details on the top of the gun and thats about it. As soon as we get our printer hooked up im gonna start on the torso.

AR001.jpg

AR002.jpg

AR003.jpg

Just and update. I printed out the torso and im in the process of assembling it. I thinking I also might redo the helmet and use FS's new helm he just put out. But I had a quick question. I found some of my old mechanix gloves and I just wondering how people when about getting the white writing off of the back. Im picking at it but its taking for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back