Project All Is Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry dude, but 80g/sqm is waaaaaay too thin. In our metric sistem you should be using about 200g/sqm (circa 110 lbs).

I'm not saying it's impossible to use thinner one, but it'll be pain in the ass during resining stage.

yeah I find ocasional warping w/ 110lb (200g) paper resining,. single layered thats why Im reinforcing all my piece, w/ something thinner you'll take forever resining if it doesnt screw up because you'll only be able to do small sections at one time as the paper gets damp its fold in on it self,

i have some experience with this weight paper, i have done my Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk) helmet, i will reinforce inside with some carbord stipes, i will make somethink like armature inside it that u can hold part on those stipes and it will revent from folding in or deformations. im studying mechanical engineering in second in university, so i have so knowlledge how materials and reinforcings behave

if worst scenario ocures threse is always some rondo or bondo tha i can use.

Designing reinforcements is still too much of work for me. I'd rather do it with paper that don't need reinforcements, but it's your project. ^^

Still, I'm not really convinced. Do you have any photos of the reinforced Daft Punk helmet?

Memnonic said:
Designing reinforcements is still too much of work for me. I'd rather do it with paper that don't need reinforcements, but it's your project. ^^

Still, I'm not really convinced. Do you have any photos of the reinforced Daft Punk helmet?

unfotunatly not, because my phone was broken then, but it came prity nice, compared to my first daft punk helmet that i made

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a little. But it should work.

According to Games Workshop artworks, the shouler should go from under the eye to a little over the lower edge of chest, so maybe it's just the position you are holding it in, that make that impression.

hey everyone

after long time finaly i have some time to make stuf

so i trow away my older armmor peces

and started modeling some new ones on 3D max

i'm curently modeling a after a Grey Knight space marine art

so this is what i got so far

b8634481200985.gif

and this is some ref pics i'm using so far

420ca981201041.gif b084da81201052.gif ec77be81201063.gif

Good work, always nice to see other 40K builds :) I'm at the resin stage of mine, goingg to buy resin this/next weekend hopefully!

Grey Knight will be wicked! Good luck :)

Looks good if you decide to keep your old chest you should have no problem resining and fiberglassing if you use paper mache on the inside of the armor to reinforce it for resining as for weapons if you are still looking for them I have I think every single Warhammer weapon there is still need to upload the Deamonhammer to my 4shared along with some other new ones all the weapon fils that I have though either need re-unfolded or unfolded to be used so if anyone wants to unfold any of the weapons I have go for it.

Nintendude said:
Looks good if you decide to keep your old chest you should have no problem resining and fiberglassing if you use paper mache on the inside of the armor to reinforce it for resining as for weapons if you are still looking for them I have I think every single Warhammer weapon there is still need to upload the Deamonhammer to my 4shared along with some other new ones all the weapon fils that I have though either need re-unfolded or unfolded to be used so if anyone wants to unfold any of the weapons I have go for it.

i'm gona make new chest, this one doesnt just looks rite to me, not enuf "round" if i culd say.

for whepons - any help wulld be apreciated

Giedrius said:
i'll be posting in first post

ok ?

No I didn't meant that. You posted 2 reply's after eachother. If you are wanting to post again wile there already is a post you just edit that post ;)

rundown said:
No I didn't meant that. You posted 2 reply's after eachother. If you are wanting to post again wile there already is a post you just edit that post ;)

oh ok then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back