Project: D HALO(a Halo:Reach machinima)(I need HELP)(See Pg.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO 405th :)
I am making a New (and cool) machinima.
So if you have an Computer and A mic.
Then you can help me make this awesome Machinima. :)
Oh, you would like to know about the plot?
Ok here's the bread and butter.
Plot
Ture Covenant Empire (after the fall of the Covenant Empire), The New Covenant Order And the UNSC are trying to figure out what to do about the Halo Rings. Meanwhile Beta Team are blowing up the rings, but the Empire is haveing non of that.
And thats it, for now.........
Parts Open
Voice Actors

Male Parts
first come first served.
General Ven' Lick Like
IMG_0207.jpg

Spec Ops Thel 'Sprack
IMG_0206.jpg

Pilot
IMG_0204.jpg

and 1 more part

Female Parts
first come first served.
Jenifer
IMG_0195.jpg

and 1 more leser part
If you are interesed please contact me Here
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: LNB AKA Killer7
Youtube Personal Message: legonerfboy
or 405th PM
If you would like to help me please resond to this thread IMMEDIATELY.
Special thanks to Psquiddy
Thanks for your time :)

dude if you want some voice actors i could try and hook you up with the guys from redvsblue recovery hell i was going to be in it but then i got my own show to do.

Several Minor Flaws

I can imagine three reasons why no one came to the event, and these aren't trying to be mean;

1. Your Grammar: Most people won't take people who can't spell simple words ad phrases correctly, they just think they are trying to troll them. I understand if you are uploading on your phone, but myself and a few friends (and I'm sure many others) get irked by some of your sentences:

"I all of you 405thers
I am makeing a (Professinal ish) machinima.
I tried my Youtube Profile but no dices.
So Im asking YOU the 405ther to help me with two things
1 Voise Actors (Epeshly girl actors)
2 Body Actors (In halo: Reach)
If You like to help me please resond to this thread AMEDITLY.
Thanks for your time "

We can understand if you are lazy or don't care, but bad grammar isn't going to build up your reputation, it brings it down.

2. Your completion of projects: Since you have 2 open threads and in both of those you tend to show mediocrity when posting, most people won't take you seriously when you say you are doing a long and complicated project like this. I viewed the promotional video, and your Audio sounds very good, and you have a capture card which is very good, so it looks legit, but most people won't view it for reason 3...

3. Lack of Information: In the post you gave us with information about the filming, you just said the date/time of filming, what kind of voices you need, and that you were "makeing a (Professinal ish) machinima." What we really want to see is more information, like a script, a plot, just some basic information that says "Hey, this is legit and not someone just trying to hack your Xbox!"...
Not saying that you would, but I hope you get the idea.

I hope you understand that I'm not trying to be mean, I just wanted to point these things out, and I typed up what a good layout for a Machinima ad here would be:

(Insert Title of Machinima here)

Hello all you 405th browsers..
Hey! Do you have an Xbox? Do you have Xbox Live? Would you like to be in a new machinima? If you answered yes to all three of these questions, well do I have the opportunity for you! I'm filming for a new machinima called (Title Here). The basic plot is;

[Insert Plot]
-
-
-
-
-
-

Our first days of filming will be on May 12th-13th from 7:30 PM -9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time. If you can't join us during those hours, we can work out a schedule for us to follow that hopefully works for everyone. The basic cast list is:

Male parts:
-Speaking roles
-Dummy roles (on-screen movement)
Female parts:
-Speaking roles
-Dummy roles

I am requesting female roles for this machinima with importance, as one of the characters is a female, and does require talking.

My basic contact information is:
(Gamer Tag)
(Email)
(Phone if comfortable)

PM me if you have any urgent questions and I hope to be filming soon, Have a great day!

When you post this you also want to post it in several different message boards, don't know if you did or not, but it would help. Also, sending voice messages to your Xbox live friends couldn't hurt. Hope this helps, and good luck!

~Psquiddy

Last edited by a moderator:
I can imagine three reasons why no one came to the event, and these aren't trying to be mean;

1. Your Grammar: Most people won't take people who can't spell simple words ad phrases correctly, they just think they are trying to troll them. I understand if you are uploading on your phone, but myself and a few friends (and I'm sure many others) get irked by some of your sentences:

"I all of you 405thers
I am makeing a (Professinal ish) machinima.
I tried my Youtube Profile but no dices.
So Im asking YOU the 405ther to help me with two things
1 Voise Actors (Epeshly girl actors)
2 Body Actors (In halo: Reach)
If You like to help me please resond to this thread AMEDITLY.
Thanks for your time "

We can understand if you are lazy or don't care, but bad grammar isn't going to build up your reputation, it brings it down.

2. Your completion of projects: Since you have 2 open threads and in both of those you tend to show mediocrity when posting, most people won't take you seriously when you say you are doing a long and complicated project like this. I viewed the promotional video, and your Audio sounds very good, and you have a capture card which is very good, so it looks legit, but most people won't view it for reason 3...

3. Lack of Information: In the post you gave us with information about the filming, you just said the date/time of filming, what kind of voices you need, and that you were "makeing a (Professinal ish) machinima." What we really want to see is more information, like a script, a plot, just some basic information that says "Hey, this is legit and not someone just trying to hack your Xbox!"...
Not saying that you would, but I hope you get the idea.

I hope you understand that I'm not trying to be mean, I just wanted to point these things out, and I typed up what a good layout for a Machinima ad here would be:

(Insert Title of Machinima here)

Hello all you 405th browsers..
Hey! Do you have an Xbox? Do you have Xbox Live? Would you like to be in a new machinima? If you answered yes to all three of these questions, well do I have the opportunity for you! I'm filming for a new machinima called (Title Here). The basic plot is;

[Insert Plot]
-
-
-
-
-
-

Our first days of filming will be on May 12th-13th from 7:30 PM -9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time. If you can't join us during those hours, we can work out a schedule for us to follow that hopefully works for everyone. The basic cast list is:

Male parts:
-Speaking roles
-Dummy roles (on-screen movement)
Female parts:
-Speaking roles
-Dummy roles

I am requesting female roles for this machinima with importance, as one of the characters is a female, and does require talking.

My basic contact information is:
(Gamer Tag)
(Email)
(Phone if comfortable)

PM me if you have any urgent questions and I hope to be filming soon, Have a great day!

When you post this you also want to post it in several different message boards, don't know if you did or not, but it would help. Also, sending voice messages to your Xbox live friends couldn't hurt. Hope this helps, and good luck!

~Psquiddy

0.e have you made a movie? Because this is Pro. :)

Just leave him be, Squiddy. It's obvious that he has neither the resources nor the knowledge on how to make a decent machinima, and once he realises that he'll get bored and focus on other projects.

I don't mean to be rude here, Killer, but honestly. You don't seem to have a clue as to what you're doing and nobody's going to submit based on what I've seen.

Ok, before I start giving my opinions on this project, I have to ask, Do you have any experience filmmaking/storymaking wise? If so, Im fairly certain that If you show your greatest work, you can get people to work with you. Following Squiddys advice will bring this project even further than it could be.
Requesting people to just do voices is not enough. You need to tell them what spots are available, show them what benifit they have in it, and show how reliable you are to keeping the series alive.
I had to do this in my spanish 1 class this year. I missed a few days of school and before I knew it, a HUGE project was due in a week. So I was able to find members by first thinking what I am going to do. I had realized I was going to do a music video. So I needed some fairly enthusiastic people. The people I found werent a perfect fit, but they did what they had to do. We all had a solid schedule that we could all agree on and stuck with it. Because of this, we were able to find extras off of neighbohood sidewalks to be in the video (with parental permission of course) and we filmed all the scenes in the setting in a single day. The next day, we changed setting and we filmed all of the scenes we needed. We never had to go back to the old scene or camera angle because of our planning. The point Im getting to is that planning is EVERYTHING in filmmaking. If I were doing a series, I would not do it an episode at a time, I would plan each episode out and work off of that in the filming stages. so I can esasily and comfortably relesase each episode on a scheduled date and prove my reliability.
So overall, we had a rushed spanish project, but we were able to come up with this very crappy spanish music video.
But it turned out pretty good for a weeks worth. Without the planning, we would have had to do a simpler project by taking out more than half the song. Just my 50 cents on your project from my experience.

Ok, so now that I am done giving filmmaking advice, heres some posting advice. I suggest that you finish a project before starting a new one. People may follow another past project of yours and expected it to be finished. But instead , you started another project and this may lead to having too much on your plate.
Another tip is to not post simple one sentence posts OVER AND OVER. I realize that you may just be "bumping" up your topics with random facts, but It wont help your project. The main thing that people want to see is progress. without progress, there is no promise of a project. and if theres no promise, people dont want to be a part of it.
my last tip is to PLEASE WORK ON YOUR SPELLING. I really want to find you and throw a dictionary at your face. (not literally) but please. its sometimes painful to read that.

Ok, before I start giving my opinions on this project, I have to ask, Do you have any experience filmmaking/storymaking wise? If so, Im fairly certain that If you show your greatest work, you can get people to work with you. Following Squiddys advice will bring this project even further than it could be.
Requesting people to just do voices is not enough. You need to tell them what spots are available, show them what benifit they have in it, and show how reliable you are to keeping the series alive.
I had to do this in my spanish 1 class this year. I missed a few days of school and before I knew it, a HUGE project was due in a week. So I was able to find members by first thinking what I am going to do. I had realized I was going to do a music video. So I needed some fairly enthusiastic people. The people I found werent a perfect fit, but they did what they had to do. We all had a solid schedule that we could all agree on and stuck with it. Because of this, we were able to find extras off of neighbohood sidewalks to be in the video (with parental permission of course) and we filmed all the scenes in the setting in a single day. The next day, we changed setting and we filmed all of the scenes we needed. We never had to go back to the old scene or camera angle because of our planning. The point Im getting to is that planning is EVERYTHING in filmmaking. If I were doing a series, I would not do it an episode at a time, I would plan each episode out and work off of that in the filming stages. so I can esasily and comfortably relesase each episode on a scheduled date and prove my reliability.
So overall, we had a rushed spanish project, but we were able to come up with this very crappy spanish music video.
But it turned out pretty good for a weeks worth. Without the planning, we would have had to do a simpler project by taking out more than half the song. Just my 50 cents on your project from my experience.

Ok, so now that I am done giving filmmaking advice, heres some posting advice. I suggest that you finish a project before starting a new one. People may follow another past project of yours and expected it to be finished. But instead , you started another project and this may lead to having too much on your plate.
Another tip is to not post simple one sentence posts OVER AND OVER. I realize that you may just be "bumping" up your topics with random facts, but It wont help your project. The main thing that people want to see is progress. without progress, there is no promise of a project. and if theres no promise, people dont want to be a part of it.
my last tip is to PLEASE WORK ON YOUR SPELLING. I really want to find you and throw a dictionary at your face. (not literally) but please. its sometimes painful to read that.
Thanks man. :)
PS: I will work on my spelling a LOT more.

Todays Update :)

I have filmed 95% of the footage today. :) All I have left to do is the chase with the cops. And I will update the beginning of this thread. :cool
PS: I < 3 the Halo: Reach Original soundtrack.

If I could give some constructive criticism...
I think the concept as a whole is good.
I think what you should do, though, is get more close up shots of the buildings. With this video that you've posted, the viewer may feel like they're flying around with no real purpose. Maybe if you showed a little more story with the cinematography, people would be more hooked.
Also, I think instead of having the words up on the screen, have someone voice act it out. It would add more of a personal touch to it if they can hear someone's voice.

That's just my college level preference. :p (I'm currently taking a video editing class so I'm just learning about this stuff myself)

Good luck on your endeavors!

-Alexis

Hi there.

I'm still a bit of a noob in both armourmaking and video editing, but rather good (or novice could maybe be better(?)) with audio. Made a few (crappy/not so good) songs myself (all like 1min long... derp).
I'd like to join you on this machinima, to gain some experience on audio acting. I have though, some experience on live acting from when I was an actor on a play with the local church community some years back. I've never made a machinima before, only watched. But I think now is the time for me to be part of one.

Youtube: SchlagerNinja
Xbox Live: SchlagerNinja
Email: svanspate@gmail.com

So what's the plan? What should I say in the voice sample?

EDIT: Also,
Female Parts

Jenifer a mane series character*
"Main character" maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back