Project Halo-ween!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my visor in the mail today. Unfortunately it's too big for my helmet. It's a HJC HJ-09 gold tinted model. Did I buy the wrong size or am I supposed to cut it down to fit. -_-

Took a break from pepping to resin my helmet today. Used an X-acto knife to cut out the visor. I know it's a little rough around the edges but I plan to sand them down before I insert the real visor. The helmet is dry to the touch, but it smells so strongly of resin that I can't keep it on my head for too long before my lungs start burning and I get a headache. Is this normal, and will it go away with time or after I bondo and paint? If anyone has any experience cutting the visor to fit the helmet or on what type of adhesive to use on the inside I'd appreciate the help. A tutorial link would also be nice. Without further ado, here are some pics! :)

sany0686.jpg

sany0685.jpg

sany0688c.jpg

What do you guys think about this gun? It's a modded Nerf Longshot to look like a DMR. How much do you think it's worth?

dmrrifle.jpg

It's worth however much someone is willing to pay for it, as a general rule...

I personally wouldn't pay more than 40-50 bucks for it. No offense to the creator, as I see much work had been done to get it to look like that, I just don't like the Longshot and the fact that it looks TOO much like a NERF gun.

Two quick questions if anyone is passing by this thread.
1) Where can I find the classified section?
2) Why can't I post a new thread here? (I haven't been on in about a week and was going to re-do this thread with my new progress)

1. under the "General Talk" section on the main page of the forum.

2. I think it's an "Infantryman" thing. I can't post threads here either. Just edit the opening post.

I used Robogenesis's files from the halo costuming wikia page. (search it on google)

coming along quite nicely! cant wait to see it finished, although i do believe the "by halloween" goal is unrealistic, but go for it! and after halo-ween you have much time to bondo the armor to your liking!

Cheers
-playdohlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back