Project ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
He everyone, I need a weapon to go with my ODST suit and I don't want a UNSC weapon cause I'm afraid people will think it's real. I've got lots of cardboard and have all the materials needed.

My ODST suit is going to start tomorrow. I'll post pics sometime this week.

cys920622 said:
find a friend that has xbox 360 and halo 3?

if not, get it yourself. its worth it :p

Actually I do have a Xbox360 with Halo 3 but I need a template so I can cut out an outline like with smile's assault rifle.

EDIT

I actually like the halo 2 beam rifle better and I have just luckily found a template! Thanks for a great start I'll be posting pictures of the beam rifle hopefully by tuesday and my ODST helmet tomorrow or Tuesday.

EDIT #2

How do I change topic description or if I can even change it.

Last edited by a moderator:
go with the Sp'Laser it will fit, it wouldnt look right, ODST with Covie weapon, the splaser doesnt look like a real gun, well, in real life.

im making an MC suit for halloween (next year) and making a splaser, and hoping to god i will be able to bring it to school, on terms that it doesnt really look like a real weapon, but im just dreaming

you could make a plasma rifle, and jam a roman candle down the front, then light it and pretend everyone you see is all the convenant

EDIT: actually, probably not a good idea

make a "needler" its easy and the finished product looks great. i dont know what the reel name is but is youve played halo you should know.

I just got my ODST helmet printed onto the card stock. Just a question, on my rough version it didn't have numbers or flaps in certain places, why is that? This is Shadow Snipers ODST file.

EDIT

Question answered, it's because it had some connection problem and the red lines I see in the program mean that. You just put tape on it and figure it out yourself. It should be quit straight forward

Scoring helps make folds cleaner and if you don't know how to score you first find your line that you would like to score. You use a pen and ruler, place it over what you want to score and go over it a few time but not too many or it will rip the page. Make sure you have 2 pens, 1 for mountain folds and 1 for valley folds. When you fold it, it should be much easier.

Just the front so far, just lots of pictures for you guys to look at an observe if you're making your own.

Everything down here will explain.

Coming along nice man! And to save you loads of paper/card when your doing the body, Copy and paste your helmets scale if it fits. And that should give you the perfect sizes for the body, I wasted over 100sheets of card to get mine right. And when you start on the sholders youl think oh! Crap these are WAY to small but dont worry it all comes together in the end, and it will fit!

helios said:
what are you using for the ODST camo?

Americans go to BDU and search Subdue Urban Camo.

I need someone to help me find a site that will ship Urban Camo to Canada.

+ Some of my pieces don't have flaps and I've connected this with tape. Will this put the helmet out of shape? It's because it had messed up while I downloaded it or something. I know how to fix it but I don't really want to restart but I will if I have to.

EDIT

Here is my progress I have yet the bottom to do. But I think it could be better and be redone but what do you guys think?

I dont know how big your helmet is, but I saw at kmart yesterday, a paintball helmet for 40 dollars, the visor was just like an odst's, It was clear, but some tint film could fix it, but then like adam did, a motorcycle visor always works too. A guy on ebay sells blue tinted visors for 30 dollars, 8 shipping in the USA. search for hjc blue visor.

Shadow_Killer801 said:
+ Some of my pieces don't have flaps and I've connected this with tape. Will this put the helmet out of shape? It's because it had messed up while I downloaded it or something. I know how to fix it but I don't really want to restart but I will if I have to.

If you're still worried about the lack of flaps, cut some of your scrap cardstock to about 3/4" or 1" wide, score it the same way you would if it were a flap, and just glue / superglue it on the inside where the flap belongs. It holds up pretty well, and I've had to do it a few times now.

Oh and the helm looks good so far.

To get the flaps you have to select yes on join adjacent edges (or somthing), this happend to me on my 1st helm but it turned out badly because of the tape.

BTW heres what your up against :p

odst2px9.jpg

odst3xk8.jpg

odst4zp7.jpg

il be monitoring your progress and i'l give you some advice as you go along :p.

ShadowSniper said:
Should have just uploaded it in the first place, didn't think there'd be that much interest in the files. :lol:
Here's the link http://rapidshare.com/files/45690700/ODST_Files.rar.html
That has:
The original model that I took from the game.(textures aren't working for some reason)
The file I used for Pepakura for the helmet without any of my adjustments.
The file I used for Pepakura for the Chest Armor without any of my adjustments.
The file I used for Pepakura for the Leg Armor without any of my adjustments.
Enjoy.

I take no credit.

smilie120 said:
To get the flaps you have to select yes on join adjacent edges (or somthing), this happend to me on my 1st helm but it turned out badly because of the tape.

BTW heres what your up against :p
odst2px9.jpg

odst3xk8.jpg

odst4zp7.jpg

il be monitoring your progress and i'l give you some advice as you go along :p.
looking good. im not doing that version of armor but i hope mine turns out great like yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back