Prototype (YGGDRASIL) Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
Been nearly a decade since I've done a Halo themed costu-GET THE HERETIC!

I've been working on an exoskeleton frame and thought it might be cool to make a YGGDRASIL Mark I Prototype armor set for it. Probably take a while to build 'cause I'm first working on some sparring armor first (Planning on a Rockem Sockem Robots/Real Steel type fight eventually).

Probably make the Prototype armor set out of aluminum too because I've gotten kinda attached to the workflow of tearing metal and riveting stuff. Maybe use some EVA foam for the wobbly undersuit bits. And a fortune in Flex Seal.

In case you aren't familiar with the prototype:

tiny.png

Am I gonna need little orange caps on the suit guns? :p

Fun fact: It was designed by Shinji Aramaki, the same dude who did the design for MADOX-01(one of my favorite mechs).

An hour or so of 3d modeling:

mymodel.jpg

I'll release the 3d model when it's finished.

Exoskeleton

A bit more arm flailing:

Metal Work Samples:

20180519_124050.jpg

feets.JPG

The Exoskeleton is too big for my garage, but its trapped in there because my brother broke the lawn tractor and it's blocking the door. So it will be a while before I walk around.

Probably end up around 8.5ft tall, with my arms and head encased in the torso and a head with a webcam in it connected to my tablet.

And lots of cooling fans.

I'm excited to see this play out! Are you going to have any motors to help with motion or will it be purely human powered?

I'm excited to see this play out! Are you going to have any motors to help with motion or will it be purely human powered?

Making a fully functional powersuit would cost me a fortune in bike cables and fidget spinners, so I'm sticking with human power for now with some bungee-cords to help with the weight. Maybe a small motor or two for accessories like a spinning gattling barrel.

Bit more 3d modeling, with a bit of color too!

prog2.jpg

Anyone notice how it Looks kinda similar to the original halo armor?

5.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone notice how it Looks kinda similar to the original halo armor?
weird... I never noticed that before. I wonder why they scrapped that, besides the helmet it looks almost better than the actual CE armor. more halo 2 ODST also. they should make a newer variant of that armor.

weird... I never noticed that before. I wonder why they scrapped that, besides the helmet it looks almost better than the actual CE armor. more halo 2 ODST also. they should make a newer variant of that armor.

If I remember right that's what Halo looked like before Microsoft got Bungie. There was a game called "Breed" that supposed to be the "Halo Killer" (character models have a higher polycount, for one). Its downfall was that it aimed to outshine the pre-microsoft Halo, which explains why no one has heard of it.

220px-Breed_Coverart.png

Corny dialogue anyone?

If I remember right that's what Halo looked like before Microsoft got Bungie. There was a game called "Breed" that supposed to be the "Halo Killer" (character models have a higher polycount, for one). Its downfall was that it aimed to outshine the pre-microsoft Halo, which explains why no one has heard of it.

View attachment 256132

Corny dialogue anyone?

Besides the dialogue it actually looks not terrible, it seems like a lot of work must have gone into this, a shame how it ended up. Looks a bit too complicated.

Besides the dialogue it actually looks not terrible, it seems like a lot of work must have gone into this, a shame how it ended up. Looks a bit too complicated.

I own a copy but played it years ago. Squad commands/ character switching was fun, but there was no overarching story other than "do the mission". Imagine if in Halo you could command the marines fighting with you. That would be neat.

Have quite a feet of 3d modeling going on now:

prog3 feets.jpg

I own a copy but played it years ago. Squad commands/ character switching was fun, but there was no overarching story other than "do the mission". Imagine if in Halo you could command the marines fighting with you. That would be neat.

Have quite a feet of 3d modeling going on now:

View attachment 256190
Nice modeling man!
So are you saying that it is like Halo 5 (squad command, Halo 5 has a small bit of story at least) with worse graphics and no PVP?

Working on getting the 3d model file ready for release, but I've been having problems exporting stuff to a format pepakura likes (using unregistered pepakura atm). Finally managed to get most of it: for some reason the small cylindrical bits won't import properly. I mean, I'd use PVC for those parts anyway but it would still be nice, wouldn't it?

prototype peptest.png

Yeah. 2.7 meters tall. I'll probably do a weight comparison of EVA foam matting and aluminum flashing. I think the metal is lighter but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eh, I've done what I could. There's a bit of detail missing but all well. Model is in a fancy little zip with a few reference pics as an attachment. Anyone wanna unfold it?

Attachments

• Ygdrasil-Hrunting Armor.zip
    441.7 KB · Views: 509
So it looks like this thread has been dead for a long time, but I have plans on making a prototype suit of my own so I'm curious as to whether this suit was ever finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back