Purelunatic's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

purelunatic

Well here's my first post. I've been lurking the forums for about 2 weeks now and decided I knew enough about making some armor to start. So I went ahead and made a left bicep and forearm, and a right thigh, shin and boot. Below are some pictures I have taken of the armor I made. I was wondering if anyone had some input on if the sizing is right, or what looks like it needs to be made bigger or smaller. Thanks. (Don't mind the rabbit in one of the pictures :p )

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

The sizing looks perfect on all the pieces, but I think the shin piece should be maybe 2 or 3 inches longer... That just might be me though lol.

Everythign looks very well proportioned and I dub you "Noob that is off to a good start" :]

The biceps look fine to me. Not sure about the shin. Looks a little short like BRI said. Good job on it all and keep it up!

Thanks, I'll keep the biceps the same. These are just for getting the right size anyway, I'm starting in on the HD models soon.

purelunatic said:
Well here's my first post. I've been lurking the forums for about 2 weeks now and decided I knew enough about making some armor to start. So I went ahead and made a left bicep and forearm, and a right thigh, shin and boot. Below are some pictures I have taken of the armor I made. I was wondering if anyone had some input on if the sizing is right, or what looks like it needs to be made bigger or smaller. Thanks. (Don't mind the rabbit in one of the pictures :p )

I think the sizing looks great. How tall are you? Your shoulder guards look a little larger than mine. What size was your scale at? I'm probably not going to change my shoulders because I have a bit more mobility in mine. I have a martial arts demo in October and I need to be able to fight in my armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 6'2", around 190lbs. The scale for the biceps and shins was 67, while the thighs and forearms are 74. I'm working on the HD hand pieces right now, at a scale of 67 and they seem to be turning out well.

So I've started the HD pepakura files. This is my first attempt at a hand plate. How does it look? Oh, and how long should I wait before applying resin to the pep files?

IMG_0935.jpg

Yeah I stopped the foot after I was able to determine that the size seemed right. I'm planning on doing a HD one anyway Thanks for the input.

yeah no problem i love the rest but i looked at the foot and said wtf??? lol it has no front plate lol but like i said the rest of it is awesome

Thanks. Since I'm planning on doing the boot soon, is there any significant difference between the 2 piece HD boot and the 3 piece, other then how it fits together?

Update time. I have a HD shin and thigh done using the same scale I used for the sizing pieces. However it seems the thigh may be too big :( . Any input?

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

purelunatic said:
Update time. I have a HD shin and thigh done using the same scale I used for the sizing pieces. However it seems the thigh may be too big :( . Any input?

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

Looks a bit warped too. You using cardstock? If so, What's the weight?

If its to big, the best choice is to scale smaller and try again!

-Doom

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, so far.

I'm about the same height as you are, you might want to try 42.0cm for the height of both leg pieces, that's the scale I used, it seemed to fit very well. I used 74 for all of my Robo pieces, too.

I'm using 110lb card stock. Yeah I used 74 for the scale for the testers, which makes the height 45.1cm, maybe 42 will be better. I'll try rebuilding the thigh later at 42 and see what happens. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back