Questions about building ODST Armor

NobleofDeath16

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
In terms of helmets; I actually recommend looking on Etsy at Steven Lee's castings (Hyperbalistik). You can also directly reach out to him or reach out to JohnsonArmsProps for a helmet casting. I myself am also holding onto a raw cast I am not using! They fit a 23" head comfortable and up to a 24/25 snug.

Even if you don't end up using pepakura for the armor, its useful as a tool for patterns even or just seeing how the general shape of something should look. It's never bad to use it as a starting point and freehand as you go!

ODST Emory

Ok, that is something to think about. I will definitely look into the guy on Etsy. Thank you so much for all the help! I'm glad to have found the 405th. Probably said that before, but I am saying it again now.

he4thbar

Sr Member
Member DIN
S434
Looking awesome! You made that DFT armor look goood. And I did the same thing for my armor! foam armor, pepakura helmet. Honestly I will never do pepakura again haha, It turned out awesome but took so much time, and fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth were not fun to work with. That being said, the helmet is sturdy as a rock and feels like a real helmet. Totally up to you what you want to do! just make sure it's scaled right :)

ODST Emory

Looking awesome! You made that DFT armor look goood. And I did the same thing for my armor! foam armor, pepakura helmet. Honestly I will never do pepakura again haha, It turned out awesome but took so much time, and fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth were not fun to work with. That being said, the helmet is sturdy as a rock and feels like a real helmet. Totally up to you what you want to do! just make sure it's scaled right :)
Okay. I guess I'll look into it. Pep just seems difficult, but like y'all have said, it's worth it. The scaling is definitely important, that's for sure.