Questions about building ODST Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of helmets; I actually recommend looking on Etsy at Steven Lee's castings (Hyperbalistik). You can also directly reach out to him or reach out to JohnsonArmsProps for a helmet casting. I myself am also holding onto a raw cast I am not using! They fit a 23" head comfortable and up to a 24/25 snug.

Even if you don't end up using pepakura for the armor, its useful as a tool for patterns even or just seeing how the general shape of something should look. It's never bad to use it as a starting point and freehand as you go!

Ok, that is something to think about. I will definitely look into the guy on Etsy. Thank you so much for all the help! I'm glad to have found the 405th. Probably said that before, but I am saying it again now.

Looking awesome! You made that DFT armor look goood. And I did the same thing for my armor! foam armor, pepakura helmet. Honestly I will never do pepakura again haha, It turned out awesome but took so much time, and fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth were not fun to work with. That being said, the helmet is sturdy as a rock and feels like a real helmet. Totally up to you what you want to do! just make sure it's scaled right :)

Looking awesome! You made that DFT armor look goood. And I did the same thing for my armor! foam armor, pepakura helmet. Honestly I will never do pepakura again haha, It turned out awesome but took so much time, and fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth were not fun to work with. That being said, the helmet is sturdy as a rock and feels like a real helmet. Totally up to you what you want to do! just make sure it's scaled right :)
Okay. I guess I'll look into it. Pep just seems difficult, but like y'all have said, it's worth it. The scaling is definitely important, that's for sure.

Hey, I have a question for this armor, before it is finished and done with. Are there any lights of any kind that go on these, similar to Spartans? I am unsure if there are, but I want to add any good effect I can, I just don't know if they have lights in their body armor or not. I'm doing Reach armor, in case that helps.

I got this old Nerf MA5 variation, and I'm going to sand down some bits, and fix it up, then I'm going to repaint it and see what else I can add. This is a start, at least. It belonged to my friend David, who I will actually be building ODST Armor for, because he saw mine and really liked it, so yeah. Anyway, he gave me this, so let's see how it turns out, once I have the time to mess with it!
1612222117575.png
1612222135253.png
1612222150620.png

Also, I am purchasing an ODST helmet from this link. Anyone else ever done so, and if they have, can they say anything to it's quality?

i haven't bought one of his buckets but they do look good. Best thing is to read the reviews. see if the people are positive. otherwise you could also contact him directly through etsy. most of the creators there are swift to get back to you.

i haven't bought one of his buckets but they do look good. Best thing is to read the reviews. see if the people are positive. otherwise you could also contact him directly through etsy. most of the creators there are swift to get back to you.
Thank you. The reviews are all pretty positive. They do say that they wouldn't recommend it's visor in airsoft, but still, I want the helmet. I contacted him, and it will even fit my head, so. That's nice. Thank you for the suggestions

Damn, better than what I did my first time. That is some legit looking armor! Well Done!!!! What colors you going with for the armor?

Damn, better than what I did my first time. That is some legit looking armor! Well Done!!!! What colors you going with for the armor?
I am planning on doing black and green, possibly with some brown in there somewhere. Still trying to figure that part out. Hopefully this will all be done soon!

Would I be forcibly removed from the forums if I asked if I can use a Halo 3 ODST Helmet with my Reach armor? I was just curious, because the guy I am buying a bucket from sold out of Reach helmets. Can I use a Halo 3 helm, or is that not a good idea?

Also, thank you again to all who have been so supportive to me thus far!

someone bring in the 405th costume police!! we got a code red, i repeat code red everyone.

In all seriousness though. of course you can use an odst bucket with a reach suit. i think its even part of the costum armor you can make for multiplayer. so yes, go for it ;)

Would I be forcibly removed from the forums if I asked if I can use a Halo 3 ODST Helmet with my Reach armor?
Scroll up to the top of the page and you'll see the words "build your character". We got nothin' against anyone mixing and matching armour - in fact seeing different combos is exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back