Questions/In need of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobbuilder

I'm planning out my first build, trying my hand at the Halo: Infinite Mark VII armor. I haven't gone past cutting cardstock templates since I have a few questions and ''doubts'' as to what I should be doing. Using pretty much nothing but foam since that's what I planned for.

For the gloves, how should I go about attaching them? I thought about using Velcro to keep it in place, however, I'm wondering if there's a better alternative.
Overall, I'm not even sure at all how to do the cod/belt piece. Would it be a good idea to measure it to my exact size and keep it as a whole piece?

And finally, at least for now, how do I attach the foam pieces to the boot?

Thanks in advance.

Velcro is a viable way to attach the hand plates to gloves. Especially if you plan on using the gloves for other cosplay.
If you want to attach permanently attach them contact cement can be used.
Same story with regards to the boots. If you have an old pair of shoes or boots that you don't care about then they can be permanently encased/attached.
To make them removable elastic bands are usually used to keep tension on the parts keep them in place. 20210320_153521.jpg
20210320_153536.jpg20210308_185743.jpg
These were progress photos from my ODST to give you context.

I'm planning out my first build, trying my hand at the Halo: Infinite Mark VII armor. I haven't gone past cutting cardstock templates since I have a few questions and ''doubts'' as to what I should be doing. Using pretty much nothing but foam since that's what I planned for.

For the gloves, how should I go about attaching them? I thought about using Velcro to keep it in place, however, I'm wondering if there's a better alternative.
Overall, I'm not even sure at all how to do the cod/belt piece. Would it be a good idea to measure it to my exact size and keep it as a whole piece?

And finally, at least for now, how do I attach the foam pieces to the boot?

Thanks in advance.
If you don't want to permanently put velcro onto your glove you can put knitted elastic on the bottom of the hand plate and attach it to the glove.
Something like this:
1640975412471.png1640975501226.png
As for scaling the cod piece and most of your armor you can try to use this scaling guide
HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial
For the boot, I used the same method as PaiganBoi with the elastics or you can glue it on permanently like he said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back