Quick Gamertag/xbl Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronster

Now that I'm living away from home I was wondering if I could still use the same gamertag my brother uses at home.

We used to have a problem where we could only use one XBL account on one 360, and whenever we would want to use one account on the other 360, we would have to redo all the account info again on the other Xbox.

Is there a way we could have the account set up on both 360s (mine at school, his at home) and use just one account and take turns? Without having to reset the account every time we would each want to play...?

Hope this makes sense...

I suggest buying a memory card to make the account more mobile. other wise your gonna have to recover it every time you need to use it on a different box.

angry_cabbage said:
I suggest buying a memory card to make the account more mobile. other wise your gonna have to recover it every time you need to use it on a different box.

Can I save the account to more than one memory card so we could each have the account on seperate memory cards?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok answer to your question.. no. one xbl gamer card per person. each time you want to play you will need to recover it. or if you have a memory card then that one xbl account will be on their and not on anyones xbox at any time. drawback for memory card is if someone drops it or looses it you loose your gamer card aswell.

how do i know this? back in the days of xbox before the 360 i had my account on 2 xbox's and didnt need to recover it because of a bug. i played on it but if my girlfriend logged in on that account i was booted off my xbl.

best thing to do is buy a separate xbl account one for your brother and one for you. so if you both want to play xbl at the same time you wont have issues and arguements wont pop up. and it makes life oh so much easyer.

oh and a quick edit... one xbl acount per memory system.. hard drive or memrory stick. hamercards are not copyable but are moveable.

CommanderFluffy said:
best thing to do is buy a separate xbl account one for your brother and one for you. so if you both want to play xbl at the same time you wont have issues and arguements wont pop up. and it makes life oh so much easyer.

oh and a quick edit... one xbl acount per memory system.. hard drive or memrory stick. hamercards are not copyable but are moveable.

I would agree with Fluffy. Save up a few bucks and buy another account. $50 for a year isn't bad at all. Also, you might want to stock up on those free month-long membership codes and use them for another account.

As far as how many accounts you can have per memory system, you can have numerous accounts per harddrive or memory card and are transferrable between harddrives via memory card. Also, as someone stated earlier, you can leave the account on your memory card and run it off of that. Depending on the game, you can have up to four accounts logged in at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
membership codes for month long free no longer exist. they have all expired. all microsoft is dishing out is 48 and 72 hour free trails. no month free. reson too many people were abuseing that system since 2008 they have been 48-72 hour gold card trials.

edit: spoke too soon and i need to clarify the issue with accounts from cook. 4 account each individual one or guest accounts under one xbox live account. guest accounts are only available on xbox live from a single console. so that means no you cant have your brother sign in on one console and you cant be a guest on another console. to be a guest account on xbox live you must be on the same console the xbox live account is active/logged in on.

That would explain why I haven't seen any 30day trials lately. I also remember somebody on these forums talking about some website you can get free 24hr or 48hr xbl codes, but I don't know if it's still up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back