Quick question with Pep designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrub

Jr Member
Yep, I feel very noobish today :D So I was watching Ben Streeper's video regarding how to scale pep files, and what he did kind of sparked a question. So basically, he opened up one of his files, then imported the rest until each piece were on the screen and where they would be on a human body. He then scaled the whole piece so that the human body in designer was 6 feet tall. However, when I imported the files, they just cluttered together rather than form a body, and I was unable to move the pieces. Is this a technique only available to the full purchased version, or is it in the settings? If this didn't make sense, then I'll get the link and show you what I mean. Help is much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has nothing to do with having a paid version of PD. That particular method shown on the video works only if all the parts came from one model. He started with a full suit of armor (IM) and individually made a file for each piece. So when he imported the files into one, they seemed to assemble back neatly into their respective places. In your case, the reason yours look cluttered is that you imported files that are probably made by different people. Different people, different scaling. Even if the parts were made by the same person, if they were modeled separately and not part of a larger suit, you can't expect them to "line up correctly" because they don't have the correct scaling and offset values.

I'm aware of Xtreme Tactics's tutorial :p I used it for my Mark VI low def helmet. However, for some reason, the method isn't working out with the HD files that I'm using.

Thanks for that, Ral Partha. I was |this close| to buying PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back