Quick Resin Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameOver

Ok, sorry I am making a thread to ask this question, but I have spent quite a bit of time Re-reading and havent found the answer yet. I Just put the first coat of resin to the outside of my pep'd armor, and i was curious on whether I need to do a second coat of resin before I fiberglass the inside, or do I jump straight to the Fiberglassing of the inside? Thank you ahead of time for your answers!!

Ok, sorry I am making a thread to ask this question, but I have spent quite a bit of time Re-reading and havent found the answer yet. I Just put the first coat of resin to the outside of my pep'd armor, and i was curious on whether I need to do a second coat of resin before I fiberglass the inside, or do I jump straight to the Fiberglassing of the inside? Thank you ahead of time for your answers!!
The outer coat of resin is all about making the helmet more rigid to be able to harden the inside i.e. minimize warp. There is no straightforward answer to your question because only you know how much resin you applied. If the helmet feels like the weight of a material inside it is not going to make it bulge or strain in places it should not, then that is enough on the outside. If it still has a lot of give and flex, you may want to apply more.

Awesome! That is sorta what I figured, my pieces are nice and resin'd so I think I can goto the fiberglass stage! Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back