Quick Scaling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcmusky

I am very sorry to post this but I cant seem to find the answer anywhere here.

When changing the scale of the pep file before printing...

-is it the'change the scale of development' option that I am using?

-do I need to rearrange the layout of pieces before printing them so they are all on single sheets of paper OR is there a function that does this for you?

Sorry for the noob question. I did a fair amount of searching around here before asking and had no luck.

I finished Dfood4less HD MKVI helmet as is and it will have to be for my girl's 8 year old son, because it wont fit me. He will be psyched. I was under the impression that those files were for MC's body size, so I thought it was going to be too big....go figure..LOL.

I am just trying to avoid making too many peps that wont fit me (just like everyone else). I know its part of the 'game' so I expect it to happen quite a bit. I also am pretty sure that most folks make a LD pep of the part 1st and then use that size to make the HD version.

Basically any help, links, equations, etc that have to do with scaling will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you very much! AND you guys rock for puttin this site together AND all you folks that post the pep files for free are AWESOME! AND I have a bit of prop experience under my belt and BIG KUDOS to all that have completed a full suit of armor! I can see the amount of blood, sweat and tears that goes into one of these projects. KEEP IT UP!!!!

Under 2dPatternWindow, you can use Recalcualte Parts layout, and then specify in the new size you want there. Generally it tends to waste a bunch of paper so you still have to spend a bit of time moving stuff around.

Each piece was last saved on a different size. Its scale is relative to the 3d model; it doesn't really mean anything. The important thing for you will be assembled size (lower right corner). There aren't really any standards in the pieces I've been folding; height is pretty normal, but figuring out which axis is Depth, and which is Width is a little weird. The best way I found is reset the 3d model to default view, and depth is the Axis more or less going into the screen (its orthorgraphic, so its aligned up about 30 degrees). This is particularly important to check when moving to different versions of the same part; some modelers used different default positions for the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back