Radio Inside The Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

grntpwnr89

ok then im not new here i just had my acount deleted or something happened in which i can no longer access it

but any ways i was thinkin if you bought like a walkie talkie cheap set then you could take them apart and put it inside the helmet so if you wanna talk you press a button on the helmet and it opens a line and then you can talk i will be testing this out here in the next 2-3 weeks and i have alot of my armor done its just really crappy :oops:

grntpwnr89 said:
ok then im not new here i just had my acount deleted or something happened in which i can no longer access it

but any ways i was thinkin if you bought like a walkie talkie cheap set then you could take them apart and put it inside the helmet so if you wanna talk you press a button on the helmet and it opens a line and then you can talk i will be testing this out here in the next 2-3 weeks and i have alot of my armor done its just really crappy :oops:
You can always buy a mic and headset and use that in your helmet. I think you can have some radios set up to transmit when you speak.

Also, if you had no posts and haven't signed in in a year, that's why your profile was deleted. If not, then I don't know. Search for your old username.

Last edited by a moderator:
grntpwnr89 said:
... but any ways i was thinkin if you bought like a walkie talkie cheap set then you could take them apart and put it inside the helmet so if you wanna talk you press a button on the helmet and it opens a line and then you can talk ...
Yep, it works quite well ;)
I've got one ready to go in one of my helmets, you may need to do some reasonably complicated mods to get it to fit in your helmet though. Mine is basically the circuit board from the radio and some wires for the buttons... I've got some photos of it somewhere, I can dig them up if you're interested.

exactly i cant remember my old username it was along the lines of mine now but i think there was an E but idk
and im starting pepakura helm next week and its gonna suck really big balls :mad:

grntpwnr89 said:
exactly i cant remember my old username it was along the lines of mine now but i think there was an E but idk
and im starting pepakura helm next week and its gonna suck really big balls :mad:
Well there's your problem :p.

EDIT: Is this it? My guess is yes. gruntpwner89

Probably. I like the idea. I am probably going to use my voice changer for my costume, since its easier to fit in it. I may even fix the speaker into my armor somewhere. Anyway, I suggest to get a cheap voice changer if you want a simple way to do this.

- Adulese

yes thats my username dmn! and yes i am interested in those pictures im happy sommeone else did this b4 me so i can get advic eif ineed it :D

I have a circuit out specifically for this. it incorperates a wireless mic in the helmet, then a receiver in the backpack hooked up to two rectangular speakers in either side.

when i bought my walkie talkies aaaaages agonit came with a wire and a headset with it too, very useful thing, when i finish my helms, ill hvae 1 connected to my MC suit and 1 to my arbiter suit

Here's one photo that I've posted before, the radio is in the upper left corner:
th_DCP_0330.jpg
I know I've got some better ones here somewhere and I'll post whenever I find them :)

One thing I thought I'd point out though... my radio isn't for communicating with the public, I've got a separate system for that. This one is used for private communications with other troopers (so we can organize meeting places etc) and I can switch between private and public comms with a button on the helmet :)

Look on Ebay, you can buy headsets for Motorbike intercom systems that use cheap walkie talkies. I have one in my Bike Helmet. When I go over the moors or out to Scarborough on the coast I can chat to the other guys on their bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back