Rakshasa Discussion

Might as well start us off. It seems to be the easiest spartan cosplay yet, given the stripped armor. On the other hand to be authentic you’d need to wear some thick clothing. I imagine a lot of velcro and straps will be used, which could make it much easier to put on and off. Form and function put together.

It might also be the most welcoming of all the armors for custom pieces.

Yeah, you're probably right about thicker clothing to give it a more authentic look. Sounds like the perfect winter cosplay for us Midwestern peeps!

I‘ve just started down the path of Rakshasa. It‘s perfect as it’s still new and quite unique. There’s less armour which means it’ll be much easier to store than my previous Interceptor Halo 5 armour. And I like the militaristic look of it and opportunity to customise it. It’ll also be so much easier to put on by myself. I’ve bought a jacket with a bit of body to it which I’m lucky that my mother in law will customise. Then I’ll add the gilet (quilted vest) that she’ll also customise or even do from scratch. What I really needing now is the 3D files for the armour parts. I could possibly do it In Blender but it will be very very slow. So if anyone has a way to do those, or might want to break up the job, I’d be keen to know!

What I really needing now is the 3D files for the armour parts. I could possibly do it In Blender but it will be very very slow.
Yeah that'll be the tough part. I'd definitely love to look into a Rakshasa cosplay one day in the future, but I'm definitely gonna wait it out until there's some good files out there.

Yeah that'll be the tough part. I'd definitely love to look into a Rakshasa cosplay one day in the future, but I'm definitely gonna wait it out until there's some good files out there.
I've made a start on files - the codpiece and bum piece for now. Blender is appalling, possibly one of the worst pieces of software ever made. It's an absolute nightmare to work with and I've periodically used almost every 3D software available since 2003 (rant over!). I do things my own specific way so I'm not sure the files will help for everyone, but I'll post them with explanations periodically. Basically I don't model a lot of stuff I can do by eye for one thing, so I might model a simple sharp edge where there needs to be a large bevel for example, then I'll just dremel it into shape.

It seems like Rakshasa will be easier to store then other sets but the undersuit looks quite challenging after taking a closer look at it. The amount of custom fabric, sewing, and strapping is insane

It seems like Rakshasa will be easier to store then other sets but the undersuit looks quite challenging after taking a closer look at it. The amount of custom fabric, sewing, and strapping is insane
My wife just had a good idea in that I’ll get a turtle neck shirt that my mom in law can sew another padded layer with details on. I think the gilet is the most important, it needs the very noticeable vertical quilting. I’ll post progress (or mess ups!) as we go…

I’ll be doing a rakshasa suit after I’m done with my current mando project. I do try to aim to as accurate as possible so I’m currently making a concept of what the undersuit will look like, and it is as close as I can get to the original for right now. For now I’ve only worked on a concept for the upper half of the body.

Attachments

• 4A072DE2-3AA9-487B-A6CC-51FF3910415B.png
    4A072DE2-3AA9-487B-A6CC-51FF3910415B.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 187
I've been working on rough 3D files for the armour pieces. I've managed ok for most, but I'm busy with the thigh and it's really hard. If I could use 3D Studio Max instead of Blender I'd have done it in 30 minutes! Also just met my mom-in-law, we now have an initial plan for making the torso undersuit. I'm revved up for this...

Version 2 of the game rips pack for all Infinite armours has just been released on The Halo Archive on Discord. This is absolutely fantastic. All options and all armours are available. I'm ripping apart the Rakshasa right now to get the parts ready to unwrap!

I don’t know how much this applies to the discussion but the open “pocket” areas on the sleeves are based on knee pad inserts on army pants. So here is one for reference.

Attachments

• 2D4A4AD5-288D-4182-89ED-330B7E167955.jpeg
    2D4A4AD5-288D-4182-89ED-330B7E167955.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 215
So we've had a bit of an argument with the mom-in-law, so I'm not sure what's happening with my undersuit. Family! Anyway I'll be printing my unfolded armour pieces to do size testing shortly. I'd also like to make a Sidekick and Infinite Battle Rifle, I've attached the schematics I'll be using here for general interest. Unless I've done something wrong these should print at full size, to fit my own hands.

Attachments

• battlerifle_actual_size_print copy.jpg
    battlerifle_actual_size_print copy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 154
  • sidekick_actual_size_print.jpg
    sidekick_actual_size_print.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 333
Oddworks has an insanely cool Infinite BR model on his patreon. It has some amazing moving/removable parts and I am so close to subscribing to it!

This is more or less the gear package I’ll use on my Rakshasa. Communicator and cs/stun grenades (both based on a Mk7 hip option) - not sure where I’ll place these yet - a large pouch belt (wallet, phone, keys) with 2 extra pouches based mostly on the Rakshasa ones, for the waist. Mostly foam, with the pouches covered in fabric.
AAE331C3-144F-4346-B421-5862E305E288.jpeg

Ive started on the torso foam pieces, cut out and ready to bevel and glue. Im also trying to decide on a colour scheme. I like the Rakshasa coatings, but I’m worried in real life it will all look a bit too real-world military, so I’m considering a more typical Halo colour scheme. Experimenting with ideas…

Attachments

• 7F58E3EE-2F61-44CD-9147-5C2E77185360.jpeg
    7F58E3EE-2F61-44CD-9147-5C2E77185360.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 184
  • F2C009F9-2675-4631-875D-36CBCF38D7A1.jpeg
    F2C009F9-2675-4631-875D-36CBCF38D7A1.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 190
  • C5AE0D59-EF94-4427-8B00-FA00759732F8.jpeg
    C5AE0D59-EF94-4427-8B00-FA00759732F8.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,610
So it begins! Started foam work on the torso today - I’m really out of practice . Decided to save my sanity and bought the nerf Bulldog to use as my base weapon. And decided on colours - battleship blue-grey and orange webbing!

Attachments

• AED5CC5D-45F7-47D0-94EC-A122F1CABB35.jpeg
    AED5CC5D-45F7-47D0-94EC-A122F1CABB35.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 214
  • FF4A7B4F-A028-42CF-A609-E9ACF45D408C.jpeg
    FF4A7B4F-A028-42CF-A609-E9ACF45D408C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 199
This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back