Random Ways To Get Resin Off Your Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could just be that I'm a complete idiot but even when I wear gloves I end up getting resin on my hands.
Sometimes I'll run out of one method to use to take it off, so it's good to have another way.
I've searched around and couldn't find any topics like this one, so.....
Mine:
1. Rub your hands with toothpaste. I just found this method now using colgate with baking soda. That may have something to do with it, also that it's gritty.
2. If your hands are just tacky, use something like baby powder and rub your hands together hard. It will come off like gel.
What random ways have you found to get it off?

LOL! I have used a very stupid and idiotic way. I have used Dish soap and a brillo pad to scrub it off. Oh well. Hey it works.

roguespartan said:
LOL! I have used a very stupid and idiotic way. I have used Dish soap and a brillo pad to scrub it off. Oh well. Hey it works.

use acetone found in nail polish remover

Last edited by a moderator:
roguespartan said:
OUCH!
lol, keep em coming guys! Didn't think about acetone suprisingly.

roguespartan said:

That's usually the exact method that I use! If there's too much though I'll soak a rag in acetone and rub my hands with it until they're clean.

I just wipe it off as best as I can with a towel... That usually doesn't work, and I end up peeling off little flakes of hardened resin for hours on end. (It gives me something to do during school, so that's a plus. :p)

link4044 said:
sometimes i use dirt from the ground

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!!! :D

I just use a little soap and water and it usually comes right off. A little scrubbin' isn't a bad thing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back