Randy's Spartan Sized Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mybodyisrandy

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing well. During the pandemic I have taken on multiple halo projects but completely forgot to document them every time. I have just started making the Pistol from Halo 5 and even though most of the printing is done there is still some filling, sanding, sanding, sanding, filling, and painting to do. So come along with me on my journey to finish the Spartian sized halo 5 pistol!

Attachments

• 20200902_173722.jpg
    20200902_173722.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 174
  • 20200901_213627.jpg
    20200901_213627.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 176
First, I must give credit where credit is due. This beautiful model was designed by the guys at "CanUPrintIt"
The thingiverse link can be found here: MH6 Magnum Gun from Halo 4 by canuprintit
It is defiantly worth checking out!

When I first put the pistol together I was definitely surprised by how large it was. I don't know if the size is accurate but it is pretty much "Spartan Sized" to me!"
20200901_213859.jpg

I would love to do a scaled-down version in the future though!

Due to the weather in my area, I was not able to spend as much time on it as I wanted to, but today I spent some time filling the unwanted layers from the 3d printing process with Elmer's wood filler. Whenever I get the chance I will sand, then add 2-3 coats of filler primer. After that, I will see if I need to fill anything else.
20200902_173736.jpg

First, I must give credit where credit is due. This beautiful model was designed by the guys at "CanUPrintIt"
The thingiverse link can be found here: MH6 Magnum Gun from Halo 4 by canuprintit
It is defiantly worth checking out!

When I first put the pistol together I was definitely surprised by how large it was. I don't know if the size is accurate but it is pretty much "Spartan Sized" to me!"
View attachment 295646
I would love to do a scaled-down version in the future though!

Due to the weather in my area, I was not able to spend as much time on it as I wanted to, but today I spent some time filling the unwanted layers from the 3d printing process with Elmer's wood filler. Whenever I get the chance I will sand, then add 2-3 coats of filler primer. After that, I will see if I need to fill anything else.
View attachment 295647
this looks awesome man. i still have yet to do mine.... had to buy a lot of new parts for my printer 231.00 to be on the nose. but you have a fine weapon there..

Dayum, coming along well! I can't say for certain but I'm willing to bet that's real size, the CE magnum and assault rifle I made are MASSIVE for a normal person.

this looks awesome man. i still have yet to do mine.... had to buy a lot of new parts for my printer 231.00 to be on the nose. but you have a fine weapon there..
Thank you! I'm sure your pistol will go great with your Infinite suit! Sorry to hear about the printer though, I hope you can get your printer up and running as soon as possible! Let me know if you need any help!

Dayum, coming along well! I can't say for certain but I'm willing to bet that's real size, the CE magnum and assault rifle I made are MASSIVE for a normal person.

That is so true! I always underestimate how big Halo weapons are in real life because it is almost always a spartan or spartan-sized alien holding them.
I wonder how big a real-life spartan laser is...

That is so true! I always underestimate how big Halo weapons are in real life because it is almost always a spartan or spartan-sized alien holding them.
I wonder how big a real-life spartan laser is...
Just imagine lifting a sofa on your right shoulder. Thats how i would imagine a spartan laser

It has been a while but I was finally able to do a little more work on the pistol today. (Thank you so much for the feedback on the last post btw!)

First thing that I did since the last post was reprint some of the pieces. The first piece that was redone was the grip.
I was planning on using the 3d printed part without any priming or sanding because there were too many little details. The original plan was to just paint it black but then I thought, "Why don't I just print it in black?"

20200907_093759.jpg

The 2nd part that was reprinted was the hammer. I noticed a layer shift towards the bottom that I just could not ignore.

20200907_093719.jpg

The new part is printing as I am writing this post so you will see it in the next one! :)

20200907_093657.jpg

The last two things I did for now was fill in some areas that I missed on the trigger

20200907_093450.jpg

and primed some of pieces that were ready to go

20200907_093427.jpg

Next time I will have everything primed and filled. Thanks for reading and I'll see you then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back