Reach and mass effects, its been awhile for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i just spend a good week reading up and watching tons of vids on pep and then I find this thread...decisions decisions... if only I was this pumped to get all my university assignments completed :D Great work and truly inspirational

Thanks for posting so much detail
incredible and very inspirational work!
Have been curious about a foam build for a while but havent found many who can make it look good ie: actually look like armour - your attention to detail is impeccable
do you ever have any issues with the glue coming lose from the foam pieces?
does the plastidip undercoat stop the paint from cracking with any movement in the foam?
keep up the good work :D

Fantastic work. :D

I must say this is really turned me onto foam armour making now! I'd previously made my own Spartan armour using the usual pep and fibreglass method but after that experience I'm trying to find safer and more affordable alternatives and this just might be it!

I am also curious about the paint work. Does it crack when the foam flexes?

You used EVA foam for the N7 armor right? if you did how did you form the different shapes and how did you join any meeting edges together?

Great job by the way

Alright, I'm bought. Definitely going to try this out and see if I can throw this together for Halloween. Your work is awesome. I'm already preparing myself for the disappointment of realizing mine wont be as nice lol.

Later!

Wow... this is really amazing... I'm trying now to "simplify" my pep files to use as template, but it seems that I have difficulty removing the "extra" details... any tips on that...

If you ever find time to put your template online... it would be a life saver... if not, well I'll keep trying to make something as good looking as your armour.

I've been gone for awhile trying to finish my sisters armor just barley made it in time minus the helmets for us which I hope to have done by halloween but wanted to give you guys some pics from our adventure ant anime banzai here in utah.

Zi6_0967.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

IMG_7089.jpg

IMG_7086.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

Wow, great update! I hope I can pull off stuff that looks that good eventually. Back at the beginning of the thread, you said you were doing some testing for the paint. It looks like you got something working, could you share what you do to prep and paint the foam? I have been playing with spray on Plasti-Dip and Krylon Fusion and it does work but what are you doing to get it smooth enough to look glossy? Since the foam soaks up the Plast-Dip, it seems like it would take a lot of coats of that to get it smooth enough.

Wow, great update! I hope I can pull off stuff that looks that good eventually. Back at the beginning of the thread, you said you were doing some testing for the paint. It looks like you got something working, could you share what you do to prep and paint the foam? I have been playing with spray on Plasti-Dip and Krylon Fusion and it does work but what are you doing to get it smooth enough to look glossy? Since the foam soaks up the Plast-Dip, it seems like it would take a lot of coats of that to get it smooth enough.

plati dip is what I used, then Rustolum or Krylon Fusion plastic spray, doesn't sound that much different then what your doing. and Im really not putting a lot of layers of plasti dip just spraying it on till it looks wet like the can says then I let it dry for 30 min and then spray on the color and let that dry.

plati dip is what I used, then Rustolum or Krylon Fusion plastic spray, doesn't sound that much different then what your doing. and Im really not putting a lot of layers of plasti dip just spraying it on till it looks wet like the can says then I let it dry for 30 min and then spray on the color and let that dry.
Hmm, okay. I followed the same directions on the can but maybe I just did not put enough on the first time with my test piece of foam. The foam was still rough enough that it did not look all that glossy like yours once I put the paint on.

Ok, not to sound like someone on the Bungie forums, but I think it's appropriate.

Win thread is Win.

Hey Tim-

Great job! It is awsome!! One quick question though , Did you have a layout for the reach armor? (like you had for the mass effect)

Thanks,

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back