Reach and mass effects, its been awhile for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
;_; so amazing...

hey, everyone's been dabbling in foam lately, but the one problem's been sealing it. So far, everyone including yourself came to the conclusion that plasti-dip is the best. Do you think you could make a mini-tutorial on your painting method? I'm sure everyone here is as curious as I am.

I can't seem to find plasti dip anywhere, I wanted to use it on my odst, but instead ended up using mod podge instead. I can't speak to the flexibility or resilience of plasti dipped pieces, but mod podge leaves a very smooth and sandable surface that retains it's flexibility and holds pain well. After enough flex I am seeing some paint flaking in high wear areas however.

that is very impressive, I cant evan cut the darn stuff with out rigid lines and you made a whole suit of it! it looks amazing.

ok I posted these on my facebook for the friends to look at first but I thought some of you may be interested to see how the helmet is coming along so heres what I got done on my last 2 days off and hopefully I'll get more done this week if weather permits.

6664e508.jpg

7d26e3e8.jpg

9dc4001c.jpg

8192d57e.jpg

Is.. is.. is... that my file?:D! Awesome work tim:D! Do you plan on molding it?:D I get so happy every time I see someone use my file!:D Thanks Tim!

WOW! man that is an awesome helmet man and all the armor laso looks really good, BTW Jico your helmet looks awesome too

I can't seem to find plasti dip anywhere, I wanted to use it on my odst, but instead ended up using mod podge instead. I can't speak to the flexibility or resilience of plasti dipped pieces, but mod podge leaves a very smooth and sandable surface that retains it's flexibility and holds pain well. After enough flex I am seeing some paint flaking in high wear areas however.

I searched many home improvement and hardware type stores and the only place that I managed to find Plasti-dip in-stock was at Lowe's. It's in the same area as the spray paint.

man this is amazing i love the detail, but like everyone else i am curious about your painting process

Hey Tim,

It's been a year or so since I last posted here and came to catch up and this is what I find?? Brilliant mate! Nice to see foam being used for armor here. Makes a huge difference on weight eh?

edit: I need more time there is never enough to do everything including catching up on here, so jico yes your file but after I made it a did find it a little bit to wide still so before I put plastic in it I made a shim that made it a little more narrow I hope you don't mind. also I must stress MODPOG BAD!!!!!!!!!!! it will.... crack and make your stuff look horrible use plastidip spray which yes is in the same place as the spray paint at lows or home depo.

53588cd9.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone, ok just a quick update finished the reach helmet in time for halloween, but now back to mass effects stuff now that christmas lights are back in season and they were only 4.99 at target I'm ready to finish my back back portion, but I'm not good at figuring out how to hook it up to a separate power supply I'm doing research now but I could always use any visual help.

149528_171166789576400_100000492395218_552225_7857186_n.jpg

da226b28.jpg

e42a3a71.jpg

so jico yes your file but after I made it a did find it a little bit to wide still so before I put plastic in it I made a shim that made it a little more narrow I hope you don't mind.

Np;) Looks really great! Did you mold the helmet?:) I would be interested in buying a cast off you when I save up some more money;)

HOLY COW!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST ARMOR EVER!! Man I will be Very content if mine turns out any where CLOSE to as good as yours! Your a foam GENIUS!!

Also, what did you use for the black visor?

Well my friend, the helmet is phenomenal!!! If you want some help in the molding department let me know. I have a couple gallons of dragon skin here waiting to replicate some artwork. And the bucket most definitely falls into that category!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back