Reach Emile Build *updates W/pics!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may mysteriously disappear... o_O hahahaha :lol

well, i'd prob steal the knife first... and silence you!

that was evil, but.. then i'd "borrow" the helmet muhahahaha

oh and keep Halo 2 as long as you want... i've got Halo 3 and live XD

but anyway.. how are you going to connect the chest piece to the back piece? i've been wondering about that for a few days... i cant seem to get a solution for that

Also: i never really asked you, but im guessing that you are completing the whole suit? lol it'd kinda be dumb not to...

uh, yeah! Whole suit dude. Chest and back, I'll pep them together, and then cut it in half when I'm done with hardening it. I want to attach a few buckles at athe attachment points. STEALTH did the exact samme thing in his Iron man thread. And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make a 30-combination safe to store my reach build in... ;) that's the problem with haveing someone know were you live! :p

haha yeah.. but if you are ready for me. this could be a battle of epic proportions!! lol Mark V vs Reach Emile? hmmmm

my guess on the victor -- Emile! :lol

and i've gotta watch my back for you too....

Zomg almost have 10 posts! w00t lol

btw.. you're gonna have to help me with the bondo-ing and such if i decide to do that to something.. i'll just need a little guidance from a pro. ;)

tomb-stone said:
cool. i have been inactive for a while, as i have had months worth of projects and finals, but now that my workload is slowing down, im able to get back on. anyway, i was thinking magnets would be great and add that accuracy which is seen in the games. It's cool to know that it has been done by someone instead of me dreaming.btw, what cannon? the covenant cannon?

cannon is a term used to mean it is accurate to the bungie approved story

Last edited by a moderator:
jake11124 said:
cannon is a term used to mean it is accurate to the bungie approved story

Something George Lucas loves to tread over and stamp on... (Oh, and cannon go boom. ;) )

I got some more work done, but it's minimal. I've had Sooooooo much school work to do. I have to submit all my work by the 31st, or I'm super-royally screwed. I will be working on this a LOT after June 10th though, so start checking in around then for updates!

im thinking of making a crysis nanosuit 2, and I know how to do most of the suit, but i need permission from my parents and I need someone to model the hard-armor pieces. My dad says we don't have enough room to make. any ideas on how to persuade him?

Boy, getting my parents to go along with MY stuff... I started pepping a mk. V helmet when mom was away for several weeks taking care of grandpa. He didn't seem to mind, and when she came home, he kind of dismissed it to her as a little project. Fortunate for me. as far as room goes... do you guys have an outdoor storage shed or something? If you make a waterproof "shelter" for it, you might be able to store stuff outside. But if you take it little pieces at a time, he might go for it. Maybe pep something that he likes, say if he like preadator or something. That might butter him up a little. :p

well, this thread is about your build, not my problems :) i'll probably continue it in a pm with you. anyways, post more pictures! >.< i wanna c this done :panyways, i'm going to look for the Emile helmet stencil for the skull. If I find it, ill either post it or post a link. keep up the good work :)

EDIT: Aaaaah, sweet success :) Do you smell that? It smells like.... it smells like.... it smells live victory! Victory with a side of... with a side of french fries! lol, enough movie reference/rip-off, I HAVE FOUND IT :D The Emile-Skull stencil :) got it off of a guy on halopedia, I believe he calls himself Commander Tony. Anyways, I was also doing some looking around, and I found a very interesting thread that was posted a while back. I think this falls right into your alley boba :) Anyways, here's both links.

Emile Stencil:

http://images2.wikia...Emile_skull.png

Special thread :) :

http://405th.com/for...showtopic=18292

Boba Fett said:
Maybe pep something that he likes, say if he like preadator or something. That might butter him up a little. :p

I was going to make my dad a captain america shield, he really liked comics as a kid, and it counts as the best b- day present anyone in my house ever gave him. (not including my mom)

I am really curious to see how that helmet turns out. Especially with the skull image on the visor. I haven't fully read through the thread as to how you plan on doing the skull face image, but something came to mind, although not sure how it would work.

There is this stuff called "Armour Etch" and it is a glass etching cream and I bought a bottle of it from Micheals awhile back They should still carry it. Anyway, since it can be used to make "frost" designs on glass, maybe that work and still allow for sight through the visor? You would want a stencil of course and then you would just brush the etch cream on and let it sit for a bit, rinse it off under water and remove the stencil.

I know it's made for glass, but I have not tested it on anything other than glass. Just a tip and maybe it will lead to some other brainstorm ideas. :p

I'm assuming you might be using a vacumform method for the visor.........wouldn't that be like a plexi glass? I have some plexi glass sitting around and maybe I could test my etch cream on that to see what happens. Although, the difference is that what I have is clear and your visor would be colored.

That's a great idea! My original plan was to mold the thing, then cast the visor in Smooth-on's clear resin. Problem: expensive, but even more so, toxic. My mom has this thing for chemicals... She doesn't even want me buying regular smooth-on! She'll let that go, since it's a much safer alternative to fiberglass resin, but the only way I foresee getting the clear stuff is when dad and I are alone over summer vacation. So It looks like vac-forming out of plexiglass. So if you try eetching a small piece of plexiglass... that would be great! Is the frosted area see-through? (from the outside.) Because I could mask that area off, paint the rest, then etch in the skull.

Ok, got a few pics. Did some work at like 3AM. :pHere's my ugly self wearing the chestpiece... :p(EDIT: and I just noticed how BIG my head is in relation to my body... Ph34r teh mealon-head! )

S6304747.jpg

JUST FYI the stuff you see is NOT barf. It's alumilite casting resin I have, it just dries in an awful color. Since I don;t have any smooth-cast at the moment, I'm hardening it with this stuff to ensure that the chest doesn't get bent/broken.

S6304749.jpg

S6304750.jpg

That's it for the updates for a while, but school is almost over... (2 MORE WEEKS!!! THEN FREEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!)

beautiful... :'(

nice work! and i'm with you on the school thing.. i only have 3 days though.. :) and all half days

but of exams... fun stuff :/

and the knife is gonna be on the left side right?

Boba Fett said:
That's a great idea! My original plan was to mold the thing, then cast the visor in Smooth-on's clear resin. Problem: expensive, but even more so, toxic. My mom has this thing for chemicals... She doesn't even want me buying regular smooth-on! She'll let that go, since it's a much safer alternative to fiberglass resin, but the only way I foresee getting the clear stuff is when dad and I are alone over summer vacation. So It looks like vac-forming out of plexiglass. So if you try eetching a small piece of plexiglass... that would be great! Is the frosted area see-through? (from the outside.) Because I could mask that area off, paint the rest, then etch in the skull.

Ok, got a few pics. Did some work at like 3AM. :pHere's my ugly self wearing the chestpiece... :p(EDIT: and I just noticed how BIG my head is in relation to my body... Ph34r teh mealon-head! )

S6304747.jpg

JUST FYI the stuff you see is NOT barf. It's alumilite casting resin I have, it just dries in an awful color. Since I don;t have any smooth-cast at the moment, I'm hardening it with this stuff to ensure that the chest doesn't get bent/broken.

S6304749.jpg

S6304750.jpg

That's it for the updates for a while, but school is almost over... (2 MORE WEEKS!!! THEN FREEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!)

for us island dwellers, its already begun! (summer)

FlamingCrisis said:
beautiful... :'(

nice work! and i'm with you on the school thing.. i only have 3 days though.. :) and all half days

but of exams... fun stuff :/

and the knife is gonna be on the left side right?

Well, my right shoulder... and it is decided. I'm buying a Lee Keegan Knife. It's just too beautiful to pass up...

Well, I tested the etch cream on the plexi glass and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes.

It didn't work. :( I was kind of hoping it would.

But hey, trial and error. Would not have know unless it was tested, so on to plan B.....XD

UPDATE: *facepalm* I guess I should have read a little more on the bottle.......it says that etch cream does not etch plastic or some pyrex. Well, I guess that would explain why it didn't etch the plexi glass. XD haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back