Reach Reach Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys :) Here's the rifle painted up, it's not 100% final but pretty much done :)

IMAG0830.jpg

Did you put actual screws in it? Did the foam bulge out the side when it expanded? I know lots of questions but this build is awesome and I would like try some of your techniques on my builds.

And its 100% solid now?

Yup, it's not rock hard or rondo hard but you can grip the gun very tightly without it warping or bending.

Did you put actual screws in it? Did the foam bulge out the side when it expanded? I know lots of questions but this build is awesome and I would like try some of your techniques on my builds.

For my screws I bought plastic ones from Home Depot and dremeled the heads off and simply glued them on. I'll post some photos of it soon :) The foam never warped the gun at all, maybe because I resined the gun pretty heavily and added popsicle sticks to every flat surface on the inside. But it poured out of the holes a loooot and I had to stand by it wiping it off. If you're going to try expanding foam, WEAR GLOVES. I took mine off after the foam was setting and touched the foam for some reason. Because I was too lazy to put another pair on, basically there's no way of taking the foam off your hands lol Don't worry about the questions, I'm here to share my progress and help people out :) If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask either on here or a PM.

Your counter looks a lot more simple than the one I got. Where did you get it?

I look forward to seeing everything together!

I got it from this website:
http://www.westaby.net/store/
He's a nice guy and answers any questions you may have.

So do I :) I believe I'll be starting the lights on the 4th or 5th, because I still need to buy all the switches for the suit.

Ahhh! I thought so! I was waiting to see if he came out with a sound add on. Mine has sound now but if I build another rifle, I'd like to have it on that one too!

UPDATE

I've started to light up my armour, it's actually a lot of work, who wouldve known! lol

Here's the first update with lights:

600064_10151988754120094_29891078_n.jpg

A lot more to come! Stay Tuned!

It's looking good man keep your chin up.
Where are you hiding the battery pack? Can we get a view of all the wires and placement inside the helmet?

It's looking good man keep your chin up.
Where are you hiding the battery pack? Can we get a view of all the wires and placement inside the helmet?

Currently, there's 3 9volt batteries in the helmet, I installed the front fans before I knew I could put them together and add a switch, now they're stuck in there forever lol 1 for each fan and 1 for the lights. I shall post a picture once I clean the inside up :p

no need to clean it up ;p progression is not perfection but f*ed up looking stuff that later becomes perfection.

Here's a photo of the inside, I cleaned it up a lot if you could've seen it before lol There are no exposing wires!
Also, I had a friend wire my fans and lights all to one battery and switch so now there's more room and it's super convenient! :D

IMAG0849.jpg

IMAG0848.jpg

Also, here's a photo of the details in the thighs! Now all I'm missing are lights and a leather pack on the side of the left thigh!

IMAG0850.jpg

Dude it all looks so pretty lol. Great job.
I do have a question though about the motorcycle liner in your helmet. Is it attached to the very top of the helmet on the inside?? If you have this answered already in your post i didnt see it

Here's a photo of the inside, I cleaned it up a lot if you could've seen it before lol There are no exposing wires!
Also, I had a friend wire my fans and lights all to one battery and switch so now there's more room and it's super convenient! :D
Also, here's a photo of the details in the thighs! Now all I'm missing are lights and a leather pack on the side of the left thigh!

That's no fun I wanted to see how you ran the wires. But all in all it's lookin great dude!! What is the liner attached to?

That's no fun I wanted to see how you ran the wires. But all in all it's lookin great dude!! What is the liner attached to?

Sorry dude lol It was just a clump of wires anyway :p Thank you, thank you! lol I'll answer about the liner right below.

Dude it all looks so pretty lol. Great job.
I do have a question though about the motorcycle liner in your helmet. Is it attached to the very top of the helmet on the inside?? If you have this answered already in your post i didnt see it

Much thanks :) The liner is attached straight to the helmet with velcro so it can be removed just in case. If you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

Bro, everything is turning out pretty freaking epic!!

Thanks buddy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back