REAL Iron Man/War Machine peps, 405th teamup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
in case you guys need some good pics of the flaps and articulation and stuff for the armor:

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2009/09/hot-toys-iron-man-mark-iii-battle.html

it doesnt get much more accurate than that. i wait with anticipation for the Peps.

btw, i totally agree with your outlook on Pepping Shark, if it wasnt for thsi site i wouldnt have a new hobby that pisses my wife off so much that i love so much, lol. i wish i had the skills needed to make Pepakura models for people. i would love to do some or help with something. if you guys make armor that is as accurate as i hope, then i will love building it and pray that the scale will fit my body type (i have a spare tire, lol). if not, i hope to god i can alter the scale so it doesnt look wierd, but either way, im definately making a wearable version and not just a show piece!

in case you guys need some good pics of the flaps and articulation and stuff for the armor:

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2009/09/hot-toys-iron-man-mark-iii-battle.html

it doesnt get much more accurate than that. i wait with anticipation for the Peps.

btw, i totally agree with your outlook on Pepping Shark, if it wasnt for thsi site i wouldnt have a new hobby that pisses my wife off so much that i love so much, lol. i wish i had the skills needed to make Pepakura models for people. i would love to do some or help with something. if you guys make armor that is as accurate as i hope, then i will love building it and pray that the scale will fit my body type (i have a spare tire, lol). if not, i hope to god i can alter the scale so it doesnt look wierd, but either way, im definately making a wearable version and not just a show piece!
Heheh, well I'm only 18 so I don't have a wife to report to yet. XD
And if that's the case, then count on lovin' your build 'cus it doesn't get more accurate than official 3D models. :)
But trust me, I'm not exactly a small dude either, I'm actually losing weight with my older sister. She has to fit into a dress for a wedding she's going to, I have to fit into an Iron Man suit LOL.
If all else fails, you and I make the suit really tall to make up for it heheh.
@Dubean if you read this within the next... maybe 2 days, sorry I won't be able to get on messenger, my computer is down for maintenance. The whole Iron Man and War Machine helmet files are about to be shipped out for production tonight though. :)

ugh anticipation sucks! i want you guys to hurry so i can start building but i know the longer you take the better they will be, lol. damn catch 22s!

heres an idea: what about making the abdominal sections adjustable. points at which thick flaps of elastic can be attached to make it stretch out. kinda hard to explain, kinda like a giant elastic Iron Man belt, if you know what i mean.

Heheh, well I'm only 18 so I don't have a wife to report to yet. XD
And if that's the case, then count on lovin' your build 'cus it doesn't get more accurate than official 3D models. :)
But trust me, I'm not exactly a small dude either, I'm actually losing weight with my older sister. She has to fit into a dress for a wedding she's going to, I have to fit into an Iron Man suit LOL.
If all else fails, you and I make the suit really tall to make up for it heheh.
@Dubean if you read this within the next... maybe 2 days, sorry I won't be able to get on messenger, my computer is down for maintenance. The whole Iron Man and War Machine helmet files are about to be shipped out for production tonight though. :)

I was wondering where you were at :)

Ya'll wanna see some high def?
4945590964_b596cfc3c7_b.jpg

The helmet is gray, the blue is all gridlines for the polys. :)

Send me that file as an OBJ and i'll see what i can do about pepping it at that high a definition......LOL

Dude. I was procrastinating all year on starting my own suit. I can't wait to see the progress on this. You guys rock!

Hi,

Any chance of getting a hold of the original 3D models files? I ask because I'm a 3D artist and a huge fan of Iron Man (and ILM's take on it). I would NOT distribute it further, I'd just love to have them and take a look at ako the original details.

I'm so fascinated by it that tried to build my own CG replica, result of which you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=-eLqc_Fshd0

Are these the original textures as well? Holy crap...you've got the 3D models even textured?

You have no idea of how much I'd love to get my hands on all of these files... so fascinated by them.

Just thought i'd share these renders with you guys. Pretty cool stuff

Render.jpg

Render2.jpg

Render3.jpg

Render4.jpg

Render5.jpg

Render6.jpg

Render7.jpg

Hey guys, Love your work. Ive just got one question: How on earth did you get your hands on the official models? Cant wait to see this when its done.

Hey guys, Love your work. Ive just got one question: How on earth did you get your hands on the official models? Cant wait to see this when its done.
I'll admit, they're not extremely high def, they weren't used for the movie renders, although they are official. I'll leave Zabana to tell ya'll if he wants. He's got ninja skillz.

looking at the textured helmet shots they look like the game models to me

i do seem to remember zabana mentioning something about getting the models out of the games somewhere...just where i don't know....just have a feeling i read it somewhere....lol

looking at the textured helmet shots they look like the game models to me

i do seem to remember zabana mentioning something about getting the models out of the games somewhere...just where i don't know....just have a feeling i read it somewhere....lol
Nope. These helmets are much higher poly than the game models, I got them from somewhere else. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back