Real Life Tron Legacy Lightcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD2253

I was surfing the web today and stumbled upon this. Seems very awkward to ride and maneuver. Very cool though! They made only ten at $55,000 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
They made it too big. A little thinner and a little shorter and it would be fine to drive.

Looks like the same concept as the batcycle in The Dark Knight, and just as awkward (although, the batcycle seems to have better handling). Cool vid though.

Last edited by a moderator:
the only thing that would make this more awesome was if it glowed
It does, they made one in each color.

This has been around for a while even before the movie came out they were one ebay.
The coolest part is the tires, I'm not quite sure how those work but they look awesome.

I would prefer an original tron light cycle to these band I've even seen some real motorcycle modded to do that.

I believe that the tires are actually part of the motor. Think about how a DC motor works, then swap it around so that the center shaft is stationary while outside casing spins. Just stretch a tire over the outside and you got yourself a wheel. Still, it must have terrible suspension as there isnt any suspension travel and the tires are quite thin. None the less, this thing must be quite fun to cruise around town in.

I saw one of those at San Diego Comicon. But I agree, it would be very awkward to drive.

Saw this a while back. Very impractical. In a movie yes, in real life you probably would not want to ride it for more than 10 minutes.

lovely piece of equipment. However, this thing makes the batpod look almost practical lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back