Real Military Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred1610

Jr Member
Hello all, I am taking a break from cutting paper (my hand was cramping up and I was going cross eyed) just to post some pics my helmets I have collected over the years, as I had stated in my Introduction and bio, I have recently retired from the US Army after 20 years (1990-2010) of being a Combat/Flight Medic and I know a lot of you are either vets or are currently serving and I salute you all, and I encourage anyone that feels the need to serve to go ahead and take the steps needed and if you have any questions feel free to ask (OK off my soap box) I will be posting several different sets of pics, First up is the standard Kevlar

Front view

405thpics001.jpg

Side View

405thpics002.jpg

Inside View

405thpics003.jpg

The leather band on the inside would need to be replace every once in awhile as it would get soaked with sweat and became rather fragrant as would the chin strap.

CVC or Combat Vehicle Crew helmet, used in most tracked vehicles (tanks, apc's etc..)

Front

405thpics004.jpg

Detail of Logo

405thpics005.jpg

Side

405thpics006.jpg

Inside

405thpics007.jpg

This helmet would have to be rebuilt every year because the wiring was so small and the liner would be caked with oils and sweat, usually by just replacing the liner (I'm cheap and a pack-rat so I would wash mine) and keep the new one they gave us! Some units would not allow us to wear decorated helmets others would. I did this one my self when I was in 1-16 INF (Mech) at Ft. Riley Kansas from 1995-2000.

My Dad served 30 years as a US Navy Seal

Outstanding, I am a firm believer that the family servers beside the servicemember, hardships go both ways

is that the PASGT?

Why yes...that is the PASGT

This is the ACH advanced combat helmet

Front

405thpics008.jpg

Side

405thpics009.jpg

Inside

405thpics010.jpg

Sits a little higher than the Kevlar, and the ears are not covered as much but this is also so that it fits better with the body armor which I will show in my next post for those that are interested. The padding is velcroed in and you can situate them differently for a better fit, the black device on the front is the mount for NVG's (night vision goggles, No I don't have a set of those laying about!)

This is not a Helmet but does go on the head so I put it in this post too!

M42 Protective Mask

Front

405thpics016.jpg

Side

405thpics017.jpg

you will notice I do not have the hood attached and there is a large black device on the front of it, That is a Voice Amplifier (NSN 5996-01-381-9012) that allows me to speak clearly when wearing the mask and not be muffled sounding, came in handy during Mascal (mass casualty) events that I had to direct soldiers on what to do in order to save someones life. No I don't sound like Darth Vader!!!

Pretty cool man!

I have an M40 gas mask I picked up when I was in the Corps over in Japan. I have the detachable hood with it, but could never find a voice amplifier for it :/

Pretty cool man!

I have an M40 gas mask I picked up when I was in the Corps over in Japan. I have the detachable hood with it, but could never find a voice amplifier for it :/

I added the NSN on the post for those that are still serving just in case they decide to pick one up, it really makes a difference, the M40 and M42 are almost the same masks, the 42 has Electronics in it for use with CVC's and Flight Helmets

I have helmets webgear and all of that good military stuff

I have about 15 duffle bags and foot lockers of gear, I came in just before Dessert Storm in 1990, served in Bosnia, Kosovo, 3 tours in Korea, and 3 Tours in Iraq...so yeah...I have a "Butt Load" of TA-50

My Flight Helmet

405thpics011.jpg

405thpics012.jpg

Clear Visor Down

405thpics013.jpg

Tinted Visor Down (what we call "The Cool Factor")

405thpics014.jpg

Notice it sits a little too low on my head because I have the padding out of it for cleaning, normally you can see my nose with the shield down

Hey Big Red 1!!! Awesome! Im from near KC/Ft Leavenworth and had friends in the Big Red 1 years ago. Are you still in KS? If so, that makes 3 of us Im aware of lol.

EDIT - N/m I see that you are still in KS, which is cool! You still out by Ft Riley?

Hey Big Red 1!!! Awesome! Im from near KC and had friends in the Big Red 1 years ago. Are you still in KS? If so, that makes 3 of us Im aware of lol.

Yes I am, I am in Junction City Kansas, are you aware of the FAN CON the 26th? its free and in Overland Park

Junction City, lol well if we can find people to start filling in gaps, we could almost have a network here between you, a guy in Wichita and myself. A bit spread out, lol, keep an eye out maybe if we manage to find more people we can form up something similar to what they have done in Phoenix.

Junction City, lol well if we can find people to start filling in gaps, we could almost have a network here between you, a guy in Wichita and myself. A bit spread out, lol, keep an eye out maybe if we manage to find more people we can form up something similar to what they have done in Phoenix.

agreed, Jayhawks or WildCats group?

How about Wildhawks lol that way no one has to hear the aguement. Im too close to KU to not be a Jayhawk fan.

pretty sweet, nice helmets, when i saw the thread i thought that you were going to do something with the military helmets :p

How about Wildhawks lol that way no one has to hear the aguement. Im too close to KU to not be a Jayhawk fan.

I am a fan of both, but would mostlikely go with Jayhawks because that is what "most outside kansas" associate with Kansas, there are too many other states that have "wildcats" as their mascots...I am too close to Manhattan to not be a KSU fan, I have been giving the fella from the Oklahoma build (OSU) a hard time...

Cool, if we can get a few more people maybe 5 total, we can all vote on a name. And anyone from OSU who stays there kinda deserves what they get, lol

I like the PASGT more than the ACH but my heart's love is the MICH-2000 or whatever that helmet is with the headphone cutouts on the sides is called.

and where do you think I could find some a.l.i.c.e. webgear? I'm making a kit for airsoft to play in and my uniform "requires" ALICE....I think molle is okay but I personally favor alice..........

i'm not in the service though as I'm only 16.....

family service is the Navy and Marine Corp.

I'm thinking of joing either the marines or army....I have my heart set on as a warthog pilot though.....

if I do join the marines I'd like to be a sniper.

I've shot high caliber rifles before and still do.

If I went in the army I'd like to be a ranger or green beret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back