Recon Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphahawk3

Hey guys,

as some of you may know, I am (attempting) to make a full set of recon in time for GenCon 2009 (Brisbane) and the release of ODST. So far I have pepped the legs and the chest (HD but without the front), and the recon chest. I am in the process of fiberglassing the Recon helmet but have one small issue. What colours should I make the suit? Sould I go for Red/Blue or a FFA mix of two colours? Feedback would be great and images of the colours would be a nice touch. I was thinking Red and White, but I cant decide.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MffJtngmHWM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfTCxfEgIds&feature=channel[/media]

First of all, it's great to see another australian on here. Second, pictures or it didn't happen. And third, indecision (question) threads aren't allowed. You better turn this into a WIP thread before the mods lock it

Tango 89er said:
First of all, it's great to see another australian on here. Second, pictures or it didn't happen. And third, indecision (question) threads aren't allowed. You better turn this into a WIP thread before the mods lock it

What he said, I've been bollocked before for it.

-Spartan-Sauce

Last edited by a moderator:
How to change this into a WIP thread? Simple, show us what you've done so far. Upload pictures onto photobucket or something then provide links in this thread

There I put up 2 vids of it so far. Sorry if you dont like metal lol but I audio swapped it as I couldn't edit the type of file it was. You will just have to turn off the sound :p

Just a quick Q for use later in the project would i be able to just use spot filler rather than bondo the whole thing? It seems like a better idea... but you guys are the experts... so yea, dont need to know urgently but i will sooner or later.

Also just a side note, I have to have the pepped parts and helm fiberglassed within 2 weeks and a black coat on them so that i can wear it and it wont look too unfinished (i was doing it for an art project at school but in 2 weeks I cant finish it all, so i will only have the main body, legs and head) So i'll put the vid I make for school up.

Nice work!!! question tho how did you scale the chest perm to the actual chest and attached is what i have done so far on my set lol i just finished the helmet

Namauri said:
Nice work!!! question tho how did you scale the chest perm to the actual chest and attached is what i have done so far on my set lol i just finished the helmet

Ty, I just printed th two top bits (if you know what i mean) the ones that connects and was like "hmm they are the same". So i just printed out both files in the normal size and they match up. So i guess just keep them the same as each other and you'll be right.

Your helm looks better than mine i reckon XD

Woops, just for anyone thinking about doing this WEAR A MASK when fiberglassing. I didnt when i fiberglassed my helm, I will have to buy some so that I can continue working with the armour.

Also another Q, will i need to cover the fiverglass with paint or bondo on the inside to stop any fibers from being inhaled?

Ok so I dont think i can fint for gencon. :( My back up plan is to wear a suit and the recon helm with a badge saying:

Dave

(Dare's Husband)

Would I be shunned if I were to make non recon shoulders? Or can I make easier shoulders so that I can get it done in time?

Alphahawk3 if you need a hand to do anything, give me a hoy. I'm in Brisvegas also & currently available most days. If you've got your heart set on gencon that is.

I din't reply sooner because I was looking for iridium visors also. Cheapest I have found is Motorcycle Accessories MegaMart in Slacks Creek. $39.95 each, Gold, Chrome or Blue. I grabbed some Gold ones. These are 1/2 the price of every other shop I've seen so go there.

Judge said:
I din't reply sooner because I was looking for iridium visors also. Cheapest I have found is Motorcycle Accessories MegaMart in Slacks Creek. $39.95 each, Gold, Chrome or Blue. I grabbed some Gold ones. These are 1/2 the price of every other shop I've seen so go there.

Thx, i'll go there soon.

Also to any other readers of this thread I have started to fiberglass the body. Finally some visable progress XD

**EDIT**

Where is the megamart place? Can you link me on google maps possibly? E.g. an address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back