Recon Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i think i really like to see a full recon, so far me and my boys have been working on all kinds of thing. we are also been working on a recon helmet and one of us have been wanting to make a full set of mode armor to go with it. I'm really impressed with the challenge your taking on.

Trunks072185 said:
Well i think i really like to see a full recon, so far me and my boys have been working on all kinds of thing. we are also been working on a recon helmet and one of us have been wanting to make a full set of mode armor to go with it. I'm really impressed with the challenge your taking on.

Thanks but I wouldnt say well done yet. Im struggling to get it done and so far I am unhappy with the quality of the work. I know that you need time and money to make a good set but still :/ There are a few dents and tiny holes and scratches that I dont have the time to patch. Should i just dry-brush some metallic paint over it?

After a quick motivational think this is how I hope to get this (sorta bad quality but not too shabby) armour done within 2 weeks. I am going to fiberglass and paint EVERY night, Sand EVERY NIGHT and maybe sand during lunch in the school art room. And Find a way to attach the armour on the 18th. So if any 405th LEDGEND (in brisbane) will help me by pepping the low detail Robogenesis Mrk VI shoulders and low detail Robogenesis Forearms after changing to A4 and sizing down by 10% twice I would <3 u and pep your armour when you make it in return. Oh and low detail hand plates at normal size maybe... But yea I have decided that I am sick of giving up on things that just take that little bit extra effort. Now im off to paint the helm, vid up tommoz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean the Mk VI Bicep or just Shoulders( if so, with or without the back plate)? I have the files & can down scale by 10% twice, that's fine...but just to be safe let me know the exact dimensions you have when you downsize. For Shoulder pad I have H51,W207,D150. Forearm H315,W159,D149. Handplate H35,W135,D157. Are they correct?

2 of each...I can do if your happy with that.

Judge said:
Do you mean the Mk VI Bicep or just Shoulders( if so, with or without the back plate)? I have the files & can down scale by 10% twice, that's fine...but just to be safe let me know the exact dimensions you have when you downsize. For Shoulder pad I have H51,W207,D150. Forearm H315,W159,D149. Handplate H35,W135,D157. Are they correct?

2 of each...I can do if your happy with that.

MKIV Right and Left Bicep ROBOGENESIS and MKIV Right and Left Forearm ROBOGENESIS are the models im looking at(just to be 100% :p). Sorry but I am clueless when it comes to pepakura designer(A.K.A I dont know how to get the dimensions). All the models from ROBOGENESIS I just change to A4, downsize once (CTRL + J), then downsize again. It pretty much gives me the right size everytime. Have had no problems with his stuff. I think that it makes it like 19% smaller... Not sure.

What is the back plate? If its the big random thing at the top of the shoulders then with. Im going for plain old MKIV shoulders which I will upgrade at a later date. So the arms are just the low detail normal arms. (I have no idea on sizing for the hands, just a normal hand size i guess. Peoples hands dont var in size much so you basically cant get a bd size XD)

What days are you going to GenCon 2009? I should be there all 3 :D . Also Thx dude you are pure awesome :p

Recon Update:

He is a vid of the helm, just minus the visor which i'l buy soon.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3anR98m6L0&feature=channel_page[/media]

Quick update for you, both handplates done & the left forarm also. Will be starting on the right forearm a bit later today.

BTW the handplates are big, even for me, so you might want to rethink the scaling for them. Or I can just go down 10% twice. Up to you.

Judge said:
Quick update for you, both handplates done & the left forarm also. Will be starting on the right forearm a bit later today.

BTW the handplates are big, even for me, so you might want to rethink the scaling for them. Or I can just go down 10% twice. Up to you.

You can downsize and redo the handplates again if you want to, but Im not really bothered. I just want to get the suit done for gencon as my first ever cosplay XD. I'll turn it into a perfect masterpiece later :p

Due to unforeseen circumstances I will be unable to finish the suit for GenCon 2009. I will continue to make the suit, but will be taking my time from now on and keeping the suit detailed.

1 Highly detailed, half fiberglassed chest piece + water = Ruined

Wait I have an idea on how to fix it so that it is wearable. I'll make it look better later.

For now Project Recon is back on track... well a little behind schedule on track that is XD.

Also many thanks to Judge for the pepped arms. :D

Glad I could help. Hoping you get it all done in time now. If you need anymore help, just let me know.

SaintlyGecko said:
so how do you plan on doing the visor?

Getting a gold motorcyle visor and bending it and trimming it to fit. Judge gave me some advice on that :p

The suit will not be done by GenGon :( It is impossible to fiberglass the arms, shoulders, thighs, pelvis and finish off the boots and body AND paint them AND figure out how to wear them in 3 nights. I will continue to make the armour but progress will be slow due to more time will be taken to detail the parts and I am not going to be doing this everyday when I can.

Its disappointing, but its nice to have a break from the get home, fiberglass/paint/sand, sleep, routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back