Recon Helmet Finished Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadus27

For my cosplay this year as otakon, I decided once again to go as Mr. Recon, the embodied spirit of all those want the (once) impossible-to-obtain recon helmet. Last years helmet was ok, but I wanted something different. This is the results of those efforts, but not as nice as I wanted due to time constraints. Please excuse the horrible photos, I'll get some good quality pics once I find a good camera.
IMG00088.jpg

IMG00090.jpg

IMG00091.jpg

IMG00087.jpg

IMG00089.jpg

Feedback's much appreciated, and I hope you get a sense of what the helmet looks like.

Took me about 3 weeks. The last 2 weeks were really busy and that's where nearly all the work was done. Glad you like it!

@Swift Yes, those details are made of foam.
@Sithslayer No way!! We got to meet up somehow. What are you dressing up as this year?

Thanks alot Blackula! And come on, you can finish the recon helmet. You've already done so much!

Dude looks freakin amazing. Hey I'm trying to build Recon armor, but I'm doin it with pickle barrel plastic so it can be used for airsoft. Any tips? Please and thank you.

looks great! padding looks comfortable...
Thanks, and the padding really comfortable as well as no problem to wear for basically 3 days straight.
Looks amazing. How much experience do you have with Pepakura?
Thanks, it could have been a little better in some spots like the panel lining, but I'm happy with it. Also, I've started about 5 helmets, and only completed 2 of them, this one included.
Dude looks freakin amazing. Hey I'm trying to build Recon armor, but I'm doin it with pickle barrel plastic so it can be used for airsoft. Any tips? Please and thank you.
Thanks very much! As for airsoft armor, I really don't know much about it. All I can say is to build it so that it will fit you for the rest of your life, take your time, and strive for as close to perfection as you can. As long as you take your time with it, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back