Reconz For Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just need the one for finding all of the Mythic skulls.
I hope they are very well hidden and it takes a lot of skill to get.
If not then people will find them, post a video on youtube, then everyone in the world will have Recon.

I figured this might happen since the expansion was named recon. Well at least people will have to work to get all the achievements. All the Vidmaster's are not as easy as getting all the skulls for hayabusa and had everyone using it like crazy. I guess time will tell.

For the Brainpan achievement, Bungie should make it so the skulls disappear in theater and forge so you can't cheat and go looking around for it like that.
It would be nice if you can only get the skull in a custom game, by yourself, on a non-forged map....something like that.

When those new maps come out I'm going on Matchmaking looking for those skulls and asking others to help me lol.
I can imagine me stopping everyone to stop fighting and look for those skulls :D

I really hope this isn't true.... or if it is, lets say the first 5 or 10 people to get the achievement get recon...
Recon armour is an icon, randoms who don't really do anything original shouldn't be able to get it from achievements...

I disagree with this decision. Recon is a idol for the Halo community, a prize only won by the true believers and that is how it should stay. I would give up my Recon chances just to see that no idiot would ever get it from an achievement.

- Adulese

http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/list.pl?gallery=976

Cover art artist gallery.

Everyone with recon would be stupid... hope it isn't true.

gami_188_cov_a.jpg

Well I bet they will end up releasing a new perm just for them and make it the new "recon".
It's on a brand new disc, so I'm sure it's possible.
Bungie isn't just going to throw away something they've kept sacred for so long.

They could give out free recon with any bigmac purchase for all I care..
It [recon] was just one more reason for my to start getting sick of bungie and their egomaniac mods.

Well, it's not just the Halo 3 vidmaster. I saw a post somewhere saying it's Halo 3's vidmaster achievements and some unreleased in Halo 3 Recon so recon is not "earnable for all" until Halo 3 Recon is released next Fall (Fall 2009).

Quote to Shiska on the HBO forums.

Sorry to burst anyones bubble...

*sigh*

I personally don't give a flippant cluck about Recon. It's as over-used and over-rated as Hayabusa - and Hayabusa-nubs running around Halo annoys me enough as it is.

I like the perm, don't get me wrong. I like the look of it. It's a really nice permutation. However, I don't agree with how it's become somewhat of a Holy Grail, and then further to be something people would almost literally kill for.

Recon is meant to be earned, not given away. This just spoils the exclusivity of the entire thing.

Recon?! Hell I still don't have the hayabusa! Of course I'm old and don't play as much as I should. Eventually I suppose I'll get everything. Doesn't really matter to me as long as I can enjoy the game. When it's no longer fun, I'll stop playing or just stick with campaign.

I disagree with Bungie's decision, but theres nothign we can do about it I guess. I'm still steaming over the last major change (the new Ranking system). They are pushing people away from the game by messing around with what is "sacred" in the Halo Gaming Universe, and i'll be damned if I get so mad playing with little screaming, cursing 10year olds all dressed in Recon armor that I just stop playing at all.

And IMO, Recon armor is HIDIOUS! You will never see me in that garbage.

(Sorry for the not so cheeky tone, I just woke up.... I'm not a morning person lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back