Props Recruitment Booth Build (Pacific Regiment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm. Ask Aliya. My machine isn't that big. I also don't have a color printer.

Aliya is working on the flag. Kevin's got the stencils and light up AI. I think we can make your machine work. I was envisioning the whole top panel being a sticker, but second thought I don't think that will look good. I'm now leaning towards only the letters and logos being stickers. I can probably handle getting them printed and see if I can pass them off to you to cut. In that case they would probably be like 4" x 4" sizes.

I found a pretty cool fan made UNSC computer screen image. Spent about 2 hours in GIMP recreating it so that it can be printed 24" x 26" for the booth.
halo PROPERTY OF UNSC wallpaper
*I've messaged the creator seeing if it okay to use my recreated one.
MonitorTEST1ACTUAL.jpg

Afterwards when trying to find the image again, I stumbled across this...
It was taken from the computer monitors on the UNSC Infinity
H4-Concept-Infinity-Monitors.jpg

Which one would go better with our theme. I'm also considering changing the text to say "ENLIST TODAY" instead of build your character.
arclight black flag1.jpg arclight black flag2.jpg

I like the first one better, myself. Three second one gives an air of generic busy work. In a good way, but still busy work.

Still waiting for mblackwell1002 to get me some painting scheme mock ups, but deadline is approaching fast so I've got to trek on!

I'm finally happy with the side profile. Kevin Hurd is going to vinyl stencil the UNSC eagle logo. DirtDives is going to help out getting the regiment logos done up. The green weapon rack is tentative. Once I got the colors on there I liked the idea of it popping more from a side profile view. Any suggestions on weapon rack colors I'm all ears. The weapon rack will have a black/yellow caution sign on the bottom.
rightside-painted.jpg
BoothSideWall-scaled.png

O.D. green Weapon rack would do fine, especially if you have black and yellow caution to bring attention. But if your table is going to be green, I'd say light gray or silver. That way the contrasting colors make it pop out more and it doesn't fade into itself.

Sean Anwalt The table is going to have a brushed aluminum frame.

UPDATE:
I've spent loads of hours in GIMP leaning how to use GIMP ....and creating graphics so that I can get them printed as stickers and stencils.
I've uploaded these images in the third post titled "Detail/Painting"
So far it is now in the hands of other 405th members to bring them into reality. The only thing I ordered is the monitor decal from Uprinting.com

I'm getting pretty excited guys!

I couldn't wait and just wanted to see what these things looked like in the 3rd dimension!
20180821_204218.jpg
Just propped up and it looks so cool.

I think I've settled on a design for the weapon rack holders. Just using a removable dowel system for the pistol rack and one rod on the lower gun rack. Then in the back of the wall I'll insert 5 or so removable dividers. But here's what various weapons would sit like if we go this route.
20180821_193530.jpg 20180821_193944.jpg 20180821_194130.jpg

Almost ready for the build crew to show up on Saturday.
20180818_131750.jpg

Do you think a Fuel Rod Cannon will fit on the rack?

I think it would have to sit on the ground like the Splaser is in the picture above. But depending on the scale I think yes.

UPDATE:

39986180_1913261328719916_7222272981815263232_n.jpg
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
I may have just peed a little with excitement. These vinyls shipped today with a delivery date of Friday!

Never been jealous of a display wall before. Well.... maybe once... But it looks great! I'm excited to see it finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back