red ring issues, and repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanianreborn

Jr Member
I was checking the repair status of my 360 which until not said, delivered to repair center, now says this.

* Device: Xbox360 Hardware
* Serial Number:
* Warranty Status: Out of Warranty

# Repair Status: No pending repair

Ouch.....maybe you can have them send it back to you and you can try the towel method.

This means you have no warranty...so i think you will have to pay for it..
But they still didn't repaired it....

*Device: Xbox360 Hardware
* Serial Number:
* Warranty Status: Out of Warranty

Maybe, you didn't remove the sticker, did you? If you didn't. you're fine, because they first have to cancel the old console's Warranty/Serial number, and then put the new warranty on the new console with a new serial number, so you're probably just going to get a replacement.

If they've replaced it, depending on where you live, it may be 1-2 weeks, 3 at the VERY most...

It says 6-8 weeks on the site so you don't get your hopes up as to when it comes...I think...

But I do know it really dosne't take that long, since my RROD repair only took 3 or so weeks.

Mine says the same thing. I hope I didn't have to include a receipt, I bought it on launch day. That piece of paper is long gone. Guess its a good excuse to get the Halo 360.

Update

* Serial Number: take out by me.
* Warranty Status: In Warranty

ya i never had a free xbox from microsoft. bought the first one on ebay.....it broke paied 150. got the new one a year later lighting hits my house fries everything and two weeks ago the box was out of warrenty....sent in for 100 they lost it......waited 45 days got my box back.................the power pack was fried also.....sent in 50.....two weeks later im back on xbox live. so ya i hate microsoft customer service.

zombiex325 said:
ya i never had a free xbox from microsoft. bought the first one on ebay.....it broke paied 150. got the new one a year later lighting hits my house fries everything and two weeks ago the box was out of warrenty....sent in for 100 they lost it......waited 45 days got my box back.................the power pack was fried also.....sent in 50.....two weeks later im back on xbox live. so ya i hate microsoft customer service.

Wow...

Thats why I always unplug my Xbox when a storm is coming or there is rain forecasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
kanianreborn said:
Update
* Serial Number: take out by me.
* Warranty Status: In Warranty

Thats what mine says now as well. I preordered the Halo Edition 360 tonight just to be safe for the 25th though. And if that one breaks, I'll have a backup when I get the white one back. Being Halo-less is unacceptable. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back