Ref Problems - Screens out of Halo4 in Ortho Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

harican89

Hey guys,

iam currently working on the CIO Chest for my own purpose and i want to release it until i get this done.
i want to create a low poly and low detail model which is the best to add details after getting the chest smooth enough with bondo. its ridiculous to carve those details out of bondo or get this done by pepakura...
so i want to get rid of those "mountain" details.

but here is my problem. iam not very experienced in blender (tried sketchup and AC3D first) but i want to learn it within the next few years (want to purchase a 3D printer). so i tried to model this chest by myself and consider that the ref screenshots (taken in halo 4 and exported with horizon tool to jpeg) have some lags in the perspective. these images have the view perspective and i need the orthografic view perspective.

Details of the same object are on a different level, as soon as you turns the perspective. to show you the problem visually i compared the front and the side view of the front part and added some arrows.
the green arrows marks the height lvl where the details are on the same lvl. the red ones are diffrently.

do you know any kind of method to fix this problem? it would make the whole process a lot easier.

th_ref_problem_zpsbe519b7d.jpg th_Base_Front_zpsd1638a2e.jpg th_Base_Back_zps26d445e8.jpg th_CIO_Side_zps268a134e.jpg

hope you can help :)

Attachments

• th_ref_problem_zpsbe519b7d.jpg
    th_ref_problem_zpsbe519b7d.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 228
  • th_Base_Front_zpsd1638a2e.jpg
    th_Base_Front_zpsd1638a2e.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 228
  • th_CIO_Side_zps268a134e.jpg
    th_CIO_Side_zps268a134e.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 220
  • th_Base_Back_zps26d445e8.jpg
    th_Base_Back_zps26d445e8.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 217
Halo's Theatre camera takes shots at a perspective as opposed to orthographic view - unfortunately this isn't something that you can fix. It means that any references taken from the game will be skewed, no matter how well you line them up - your best bet is to cobble things together as best you can.

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance.

Since Halo's camera is perspective camera not an ortho one, you can try lining up your edited images and fuddle with the shape to look right, you'd probably have to edit your images in Photoshop so that once imported to Blender they line up.

Hey guys,

iam currently working on the CIO Chest for my own purpose and i want to release it until i get this done.
i want to create a low poly and low detail model which is the best to add details after getting the chest smooth enough with bondo. its ridiculous to carve those details out of bondo or get this done by pepakura...
so i want to get rid of those "mountain" details.

but here is my problem. iam not very experienced in blender (tried sketchup and AC3D first) but i want to learn it within the next few years (want to purchase a 3D printer). so i tried to model this chest by myself and consider that the ref screenshots (taken in halo 4 and exported with horizon tool to jpeg) have some lags in the perspective. these images have the view perspective and i need the orthografic view perspective.

Details of the same object are on a different level, as soon as you turns the perspective. to show you the problem visually i compared the front and the side view of the front part and added some arrows.
the green arrows marks the height lvl where the details are on the same lvl. the red ones are diffrently.

do you know any kind of method to fix this problem? it would make the whole process a lot easier.

th_ref_problem_zpsbe519b7d.jpg th_Base_Front_zpsd1638a2e.jpg th_Base_Back_zps26d445e8.jpg th_CIO_Side_zps268a134e.jpg

hope you can help :)

the cio and the richochett are about 65 percent identical, check it out
cio chest richochett chest
ciorichocomp.jpg

a few, well actually a lot, fo tweaks and you can have a cio chest pretty quick. the back would be the hardest part to change.

Attachments

• th_ref_problem_zpsbe519b7d.jpg
    th_ref_problem_zpsbe519b7d.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 229
  • th_Base_Front_zpsd1638a2e.jpg
    th_Base_Front_zpsd1638a2e.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 317
  • th_CIO_Side_zps268a134e.jpg
    th_CIO_Side_zps268a134e.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 216
  • th_Base_Back_zps26d445e8.jpg
    th_Base_Back_zps26d445e8.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 216
  • ciorichocomp.jpg
    ciorichocomp.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 228
hmm i dont think this will work very well... my skills in blender are just to low :)

but here are some of the first results i got so far.
going pretty well... i take the side view as the reference for the height and orientate the vertices with the front side for the width.

th_Cio_front_zpsa66d2cee.jpg th_Cio_Side_zpsb19665d6.jpg th_Cio_pers_zps3d449914.jpg

once i get this piece done i want to give the file in more expierenced hands to make corrections to the perspective.

Attachments

• th_Cio_front_zpsa66d2cee.jpg
    th_Cio_front_zpsa66d2cee.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 212
  • th_Cio_pers_zps3d449914.jpg
    th_Cio_pers_zps3d449914.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 220
  • th_Cio_Side_zpsb19665d6.jpg
    th_Cio_Side_zpsb19665d6.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.