Regarding File Archive - Post-Move Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
I realise that a lot of you are eager to get building again after the forum platform shift. However, the staff and I have agreed that it would be better to start fresh with the new platform and rebuild the Resources section from scratch to make sure it's the best system we can possibly make it for you.

This means that, unfortunately, there's a lot of work to be done before the system is fully ready to be used once more. I'll be working hard to get you all the content you want, but it's going to take some time. Please be patient in the meantime and I promise that it won't be long before we're all back up to speed.

Good luck with your builds in the meantime, people!

Will you be pulling the files directly form the old site, or will you need certain files re-uploaded? Asking as I have posted 2 files myself, with a few more on the way, and still have them if needed.

Upvote 0
Will you be pulling the files directly form the old site, or will you need certain files re-uploaded? Asking as I have posted 2 files myself, with a few more on the way, and still have them if needed.

I'd honestly prefer that people don't repost their own stuff, for the time being - until I know where I stand with what we have, I'd rather people not muddy the waters with their own works.

Upvote 0
Gotcha. I'll wait until everything has been settled in first. Then if it's missing I'll re-upload :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for your patience.

As an update: Art Andrews very kindly supplied me with a mirror of the old Archive. On the downside - none of it's organised, and in some cases it's going to be very, very difficult for me to accurately place some of the files (particularly non-Halo props and such). I'll make the Halo costuming items my priority for now and we'll see about the other things down the line.

Another downside is that, unfortunately, I've lost a lot of the credits the old files had - I'll have to rebuild the references from scratch. If anybody sees a file and knows who created it, please let me know and I'll append credit where needed.

Upvote 0
Allot of the old files (pre halo 4) are still on the old pep index (allot of links are broken though)
But this is a way to see which file was created wy whom.

Pepakura File Index

Also on my papercraft website

» Halo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just running an update across you guys: there's some things happening in the background that I'm no longer in control of, and as such, I'm unable to promise you an estimate of when the work will be done to serve you the resources you all need.

Sorry to leave you guys in the lurch - circumstances have fallen together to take things out of my control. It's less than ideal, and I'm sorry I'm not able to give you all more information. Hopefully this situation will resolve itself in time and I'll be able to get back to serving you all once more.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back