Religious Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc1336

Ok so I requested the halo release date off of work and being a huge smartass cited "religious holiday" as the reason i needed the day off. Well I got a Message from my manager asking what holiday? I'd like to keep running with this joke. Anyone here good with obscure halo lore and know the name of any covenant holidays?

It is time that a chosen Prophet of your religion makes his Great Journey to seek enlightenment; until he returns, all wait.

Or something like that.

CMax said:
It is time that a chosen Prophet of your religion makes his Great Journey to seek enlightenment; until he returns, all wait.

Or something like that.
(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest going with a Hunger Strike.

Say it's "Against the War." Don't mention which war to your work.... But say you need to take the day off to make sure you don't overtax yourself.

<,<

Play off that you're Catholic, and tell your boss that your church is throwing a picnic/party thing or whatever for the feast of St. Finbarr:

Saint Finbarr (c.550–c.620) Bishop of Cork in the 6th century and patron saint for the city and diocese of Cork.

Possibly born near Bandon, and originally named Lochan, he is said to have studied in County Kilkenny where he was renamed Fionnbharr (Fairhead in Irish) for the colour of his hair.

Finbarr is widely believed to have lived at an island hermitage at Gougane Barra, before founding a monastic settlement and centre of learning at an Corcach Mór. This settlement was to eventually grow to become the city of Cork.

Varying accounts of Finbarr's life suggest he travelled to Rome, and preached at Barra in Scotland.

Finbarr died at Cloyne in Cork and was buried in Gill Abbey - a site occupied by the present day Church of Ireland Saint Finbarre's Cathedral.

There are several variations on the spelling of Finbarr's name. It will often be spelt as "Finbarre", or as a modern derivation "Finbar". (popular as a masculine name in Cork).

Finbar is an Irish name. Catholics and Protestants both recognise St. Finbarr. His feast day is 25 September.

That's the best I can come up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back