Resident Evil Samurai Edge Wesker Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkfluffy

Hi, this is my first project that I'm putting on here, and it's slightly off topic for Halo, but people here do Iron Man a lot, so I'm putting this here. I'm looking for advice/help My quandry is this. I have this:

gallery_16030_1397_47034.jpg

And I want to mod it to this:

gallery_16030_1397_1514.jpg

As you can see, there are a lot of differences between the two. First and foremost the Wesker mod is all silver, I have paint and am going to paint it the appropriate color. What I'm having a problem with is the beavertail horn on the back of the pistol, and the hard mounted rail attached to the frame. I thought that maybe I could pep and resin the beaver tail and the rail, but I have NO talent as a 3D modeler. I can't afford to buy the full version of Pep Viewer, or a 3D modeling program, so if someone could model both the rail and the beaver tail horn for me, I would greatly appreciate it. If you're wondering about the dimensions of the pistol, it's the same size as a normal Beretta M92F. If no one can pep the rail, then I'd appreciate any advice on how I could maybe use modeling clay or some other substance to make the mods I want. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or help, and I'll post progress as I go.

ok heres what i would do, i would try to get some nice referance pics of it and try to make the rail out of cardboard,if ur good with woodwork then i would make it with wood and then use some body filler to smooth it out,im sorry i cant help with the 3d modeling but i can unfold it if someone does model it

If you make that lower RIS out of pep, whatever you attach to it will eventually ruin the rail. My Suggestion, just buy a ris unit on its on and drill a hole for a screw threw the lower reciever. Then use body filler to cover up the gap. That beaver tail could easily be done with body filler as well but it will probally break of off easily if it doesnt have a internal structure

Um, Tokyo Marui doesn't make an all metal Samurai Edge, the gun is plastic, and I need to paint it in order to make it silver. I might end up trying to make a rail out of Aluminum like Dizzerak said, i just need to find where I can get a block of aluminum like that, and I'll be set to try and mod the rail then use screws to attach it to the frame. Probably use aluminum to make the beavertail too, and have it go around the rear of the gun so it sort of clamps on the back of the gun to give it more of a surface area to attach it to the gun. I'll keep you guys posted as I paint the gun first, then go to work on the aftermarket mods...

And the painting has begun. I'm on vacation in Hilton Head Island right now, and spent about an hour painting the pistol. Here's what I've done so far:

gallery_16030_1397_128321.jpg

And from the other side:

gallery_16030_1397_151003.jpg

Finally from the front:

gallery_16030_1397_89240.jpg

I haven't started painting the back of the gun yet, but let me know what you think. The photos are taken from my phone, so they aren't the greatest quality. Thanks for any advice/comments.

Well, I've done some more work on the pistol, and bought a TICK add on rail that solved most of the rail problems. Now I just have to get some modeling clay or something similar, make the extension and pain the rail. I actually managed to get the beavertail done, and painted it all silver.

gallery_16030_1397_88244.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back