Resin On My Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseyupchurch

hey guys i just got done fiberglassing my odst helmet (ill post pics l8er)
but sum resin got on my hands what is the best thing 2 use 2 get it off soap and water doesent work real well...?

Hairspray works for me.
Spray it in your hands, rub it on the resin, then use soap and water.

Keegan said:
Hairspray works for me.
Spray it in your hands, rub it on the resin, then use soap and water.
r u bein serious? or r u just trying 2 make it worse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Macattack64 said:
lava soap and some elbow grease
a hole lot of elbow grease :p show that resin who owns who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOAH!!...why are you not using gloves!! if you are please state that. i understand you can get it on your wrist and forearms by accident, but you need to use gloves. they are just as important as a respirator! to get it off look on the container. they know.

Acetone is the best thing to use aka nail polish remover and it says to use acetone right on the side of the resin can. Besides you should be whereing gloves. Another thing i have to nit pick about is dont you think this would have been alot easier if you just asked a q and a team member, instead of createing a pointless post.

No, use lacquer thinner. I get it on my forearms when i am working with helmets, its fine. as long as a massive amount gets absorbed through the skin, you are fine. you really have to wash it off immediatley or it stays on until it wears out (kind of like tar, only stickier)

OK. Proper safety precautions and you wouldn't have resin on your hands. Gloves and long sleeves and a little attention to detail would have avoided this. Read the can for the proper way to remove it. Safety first.

tlither said:
OK. Proper safety precautions and you wouldn't have resin on your hands. Gloves and long sleeves and a little attention to detail would have avoided this. Read the can for the proper way to remove it. Safety first.
again, as long as a massive amount isn't absorbed through the skin, soap and water is recommended by the can (i swear,read it)

It all depends on what you mean by SOME resin.

HELL JUMPER said:
Acetone is the best thing to use aka nail polish remover and it says to use acetone right on the side of the resin can. Besides you should be whereing gloves. Another thing i have to nit pick about is dont you think this would have been alot easier if you just asked a q and a team member, instead of createing a pointless post.
thats what i ment but paint remover and polish remover do bastically the same things :D

Maybe you were using gloves but they ripped or something? That'll happen to me pretty often. Gets snagged on a sharp piece of protruding fiberglass or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back