Props Respawn in 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akademee

I was playing Halo 3 on Legendary, when all of a sudden, I died!! I couldn't believe it, Master Chief, after surviving two games, was brutally gunned down by 7 brutes and a hand full of grunts. :(

The darn Shotgun doesn't fire fast enough to pwn all these aliens, In also didn't help that I had a bunch of skulls on too

So there he lies, in the middle of a Traxus Shipyard, right before the giant AA gun, and I could help but think that some respect should be payed.

But it is nothing to fear my friends, for he rises on the 5th second!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, on to the project itself, almost a year ago, I successfully completed my first Mk VI (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/18126-My-First-Mark-Vi-W.i.p.) suit with a scratch-build shotgun (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/21679-My-Scratch-W.i.p.-The-M90-Shotgun). Since then, it has found many homes upon shelves, tabletops, closets, and corners. I felt it deserved better than that. I decided to make a field "grave" using the the best parts of the previous projects, the shotgun and the helmet, to better display the work in a less messy fashion.

The base is a wooden circle about 18 inches in diameter with a cardboard octagonal pyramid to sever as an area to mount debris without making it weigh a ton. The shotgun is held vertically by the surrounding "pile" and a dowel rod that fits inside the barrel.

I will be painting and breaking cinder blocks soon so expect some quick updates!

Original Shotgun, needs some work/repair, it was heavily used last Halloween! I can't seem to get a break with shotgun shells, I know they are supposed to be red, but I just can't seem to get my hands on some red ones! the gun will be repainted and weathered properly...
respawn002.jpg

Base Mount, not detailed yet, but this is essentially the support structure for the cinder blocks and rebar that will make the pile.
respawn003.jpg

This is the final look of the field grave, RIP for 5 seconds, Master Chief...

Bah! what a time for vacation, eh? Well, I got cinder blocks and a bit of re-bar to finish it up, but I'm out of town for a few weeks, I've got to get this done sooooooon!

Yup,

Here is the new and improved (I think) shotgun with the proper paint scheme and some metal wear:

respawn002-1.jpg

respawn001-1.jpg

And here is the mound on which it will be "mound-ted" ;) Complete with shells and re-bar.

respawn003-1.jpg

The entire assembly is off at a model contest, I will be getting it back in the next few days so I will post pics of the complete product soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back