Respirator Filter Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Fang

i havent seen this on the 405th so i thought id put this up here. when i was at norco a medical supply and a safety store getting new filters and a guy who has worked there for what seemed like a long while. told me that a general rule of thumb for telling when to replace the filters when you can taste what your working with before smelling it its time to replace them

there are plenty of guides out there for when you should do it. i would also reccommend making sure your filter is graded for the chemical you're using. last thing you want is to think you're safe and inhale a heap of the stuff

hognoshal said:
there are plenty of guides out there for when you should do it. i would also reccommend making sure your filter is graded for the chemical you're using. last thing you want is to think you're safe and inhale a heap of the stuff

i agree 100% with you there i just figured this would be a good tip to tell every one

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Fang said:
i havent seen this on the 405th so i thought id put this up here. when i was at norco a medical supply and a safety store getting new filters and a guy who has worked there for what seemed like a long while. told me that a general rule of thumb for telling when to replace the filters when you can taste what your working with before smelling it its time to replace them

Oooh I'll be sure to keep that in mind when I start fiberglassing. I'm going to try and stretch out the life of my respirator when I start using it by putting it in a bag after I'm done using it for the day. If I can do a whole set of armor with the 2 filters it comes with that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back