Robogenisis's Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
And give us few too?

Noo, just kiddin'

Good job, Robo. Ive done few of your models, and they rock.

When, (not if) You complete the armor, i will give you dancing kittens.

It has been said before, but I'll say it again! Good to see you building your Armour!. Heavens knows how many hours you've spent making those pep files for the Guys, about time you're able to use them yourself! :p

Thanks for the Awesome Pep files and Good Luck with your Armour! I'll be keeping a eye on your progress, which is looking great so far! :)

gamerguy55 said:
Smoooooth!

Mold worthy, perhaps?
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Mold it! NAO! So you don't have to make another hand plate from scratch. ;D
I will mold it when it's done. I don't really want to build another one. I'll be working on my helmet after I finish this. IMO, it's not even close to done. I still have a lot of smoothing and finishing to do, then I need to paint it. I am going to double my efforts now because it's so close, I can't stand not working on it :p.

1ManBattalion said:
It has been said before, but I'll say it again! Good to see you building your Armour!. Heavens knows how many hours you've spent making those pep files for the Guys, about time you're able to use them yourself! :p

Thanks for the Awesome Pep files and Good Luck with your Armour! I'll be keeping a eye on your progress, which is looking great so far! :)
Well, I've been working on my models most of the time since November 21, 2007. I have taken a bit of time off, and slacked off some of the time, but really, it's been a long time...

Anyway, I'm almost done assembling the helmet. It's in three pieces right now (bottom, top back, top front), so it shouldn't take to long to finish if I go all out on it. It's a bit of a tight fit, but I can get my head in it (with a little maneuvering :p), and it looks like a good size. I'd hate to have to redo the whole thing. I'll post pics when it's completely assembled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post, but I have and update for my helmet. I finished assembling it. I actually finished it on Friday, but I have been bending it and supporting it, trying to make it perfectly symmetrical. It's pretty close, but it is still a little tiny bit warped (easily fixed though)
HelmetAssembled.jpg

I'll fiberglass it any day now. I just have to drag myself outside first :p.

It really is worth all the time making sure it is perfect before peping it.

Even though there are support struts, watch how you let the helmet rest after resining it.

DON'T keep the helmet upside down, with the internals exposed. This will cause the back of the helmet to warp and push its self together.

just a little tip.

Great great job on both the helmet and handplate. I'm curious to see where it will lead next!

mc hammer time said:
Same, i think fs took it off
Mmmmmm.... Nope. It's the first file at the top of his first post in his thread.

Awesome work Robo. Just wait til you get it resined! It becomes so much more "real" after that, lol. I really need to get back into detailing my helm...

This file I unfolded myself. I didn't like the provided unfold. This one has less pieces, and is 15 pages instead of 17. Here it is if anyone wants it. It comes in two files, the Helmet, and the Details. The detail setup has been improved IMO, and you'll see it if you download it.
Letter Mk VI helmet

Robogenisis said:
This file I unfolded myself. I didn't like the provided unfold. This one has less pieces, and is 15 pages instead of 17. Here it is if anyone wants it. It comes in two files, the Helmet, and the Details. The detail setup has been improved IMO, and you'll see it if you download it.
Letter Mk VI helmet
Ah, I see. Yeah, now that I've built mine and I'm into the detailing stage, I keep noticing spots that would be stronger or straighter if it were unfolded differently.

Kudos, looks like a great unfold! ;)

ya thanks a lot robo! I ment to say that fs took the simpler model off, and that could he post his unfolded version. soory for the confusion

Looking great Robo!

What have you used to remove some of the warping?

Pssst : Come on the chat ^^

EDIT : Nevermind, I can't connect on the chat for some reason...

Amazing job, Robo. That handplate looks like a pure work of -insert name of superior being here-. I cannot wait to see it all finished.

Holy ****, Robo! That helmet is perfect! Are you even going to need bondo?

Handplates are looking nice. I'm getting ready to resin a pair of your HD ones this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back