Robogenisis's Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cautious: i wanna chat.....

That is a very nice job for your first time bondoing Robo. My CQB helmet sucks compared to that. Ah, its big, not like a handplate. I can tell you are taking your time on it, when im rushing to get it done.....

btw doom knows about our rank thingy, i think he took mine away...

Last edited by a moderator:
just a quick heads up, your brace is totally crooked.
yeah....
Hey, when I resined my helm, I did it in parts. I did the neck/lower jaw first, then let it kick off, flipped it over, and did the jaw/everything below the band that circles the helmet. Finally, I did the top. I did get warpage, but it was 105 outside, and I forgot to glue down half my braces (I used rubber cement only, they started to peel off. Without any PVA on them, they'll eventually work loose). I am a genius, btw.

Also, that helm is sexy.
Sexellent. You are the pep sexecutioner.

I've had my moment.

It's really great to see that you're as skilled with the real models as you are with 3d. A lot of folks have benefitted from your models and now we all get to see the creator bring them to life himself. Great job so far! I'm diggin' the handplate.

...ill give 'em already...

...more to come ...........

and, BTW, your armor is AWESOME!!!!!oh, whoops i almos forgot to say that it ROCKS(Better than Iron Maiden)!!!!!

Robogenisis said:
This file I unfolded myself. I didn't like the provided unfold. This one has less pieces, and is 15 pages instead of 17. Here it is if anyone wants it. It comes in two files, the Helmet, and the Details. The detail setup has been improved IMO, and you'll see it if you download it.
Letter Mk VI helmet
YOINK (if you dont mind that is :) )

your helmet is looking perfect! increadibly clean and lined up

Sorry to do this on your thread, but i was lookin at your pepakura armor and everytime i look at someones armor it seems that they know exactly where to start building. Are you supposed to start with 1 and go from there or do most people just start at random?

David said:
Sorry to do this on your thread, but i was lookin at your pepakura armor and everytime i look at someones armor it seems that they know exactly where to start building. Are you supposed to start with 1 and go from there or do most people just start at random?

It doesn't technically matter where you start. Some people build sections then put the sections together. That's the way I do it, at least. I keep the pepakura viewer open, and figure out what section I want to put together, and find those numbers and start. You can really start wherever you want. You'll figure it out quickly how it works. Good luck!

David said:

Skope's right, after you've built some files, you just get a feel for where to start just by looking at it. It all has to do with experience.

I personally build in sections. I'll just start building somewhere (depending on what part I feel like), then when I feel like building another section, I do that. After building a while, it just comes naturally.

------------------
Life update:
My xbox is broken. I got the E74 error, and hopefully will be able to get it repaired. I had like 3 days of warranty left, so I was lucky when I filed to get it repaired, but now they say "You address is not valid (even though it is). Please cancel your repair request and re-file it." Thing is that I don't think I have a warranty to re-file it. I'll try to get it worked out.

I have a question. Can a harddrive cause E74? I put my hdd on my brothers xbox so I could play, and it got the same error the same day. Anyway, he bought a new one, and I can play on live a little bit, but don't expect me on much for at least the next several weeks.

Skope said:
It doesn't technically matter where you start. Some people build sections then put the sections together. That's the way I do it, at least. I keep the pepakura viewer open, and figure out what section I want to put together, and find those numbers and start. You can really start wherever you want. You'll figure it out quickly how it works. Good luck!

Thanks for your help

Hey ROBOGENESIS is your bicep model already scaled and if so for what height? I am about 6'2". The last ones i made looked like they would fit a body builder :cautious:

EDIT

I have been fiddleing with it myself and I am thinking it should be 23cm tall does that sound right?

I hate to hijack this thread and get off topic a bit, but what's the scaling for that particular helmet? Does the scaling tutorial apply? Is it as simple (which I love) as the work I've seen from Robogenesis?

Your armor is looking absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished product! I can't wait to see my finished product, or at least completely glued together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back