Rock's Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthewarrior

I started this recently and after many sizing issues I finally got it right! (Or so I think...) Anyways I only have my right boot pepped but this is the third boot I have assembled. As I said sizing issues. I also have a plasma pistol done but it looks horrid and is held together with tape, so I am going to pretend it didn't happen.

DSC00107.jpg

Yeah I did the three piece so I can get my big foot in their easier. I think I am moving onto the right shin next since I have it scored but that leads me to a question should I make any of the armored parts two pieces to make it easier to get into, and if so which ones?

Third try thats awesome, I hope.... No I pray I get my boots Pepped right on Like the 5th try... keep up the Good work Hope ta see more. Just take your time

Rock said:
Yeah I did the three piece so I can get my big foot in their easier. I think I am moving onto the right shin next since I have it scored but that leads me to a question should I make any of the armored parts two pieces to make it easier to get into, and if so which ones?

I woudl say that if you where to split peices and this is just my idea. Do the torso peice in two if it is not already and have clips on the matching edges so it is a clip on isntead of on like a shirt. And the same concept for the shins, thighs and guantlets. Other wise stick to the one peice idea and find away to wedge your self in. Note. If you do split downt the middle or down the side like i said. You can add foam in to it and make it a tight fit. Thus instead trying to force your arm down in it. You simply pick up and place over and press. Easy snap on, not so easy declip. Add $#!Ts to press the realse buttons or some sort of electronic mechnism.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure a lot of us may have had sizing issues. I know I did! D: I pepped 3 hayabusa helmets! Only 2 are completely finished. I could tell that the first one was already going to be too small. Second attempt wasn't bad, but could have been a little bit bigger.

As far as what pieces to have in 2 pieces, the torso is a definite one, but DO NOT make it in 2 pieces until you fiberglass it. If you glass it when it's already in 2 pieces, chances are it won't line up correctly again. You can then use a dremel to cut it in 2 pieces to create a front and back piece. As far as I know, the torso is really the only part that needs to be in 2 pieces. I also think that the cod piece needs to be cut since I don't think you will be able to pull it up like underwear! lol

The HD shins and forearms are probably difficult to actually get on if you have them properly scaled to fit your body. My foot wouldn't fit through the end of the shin and same with my hand on the front of the forearms. To fix this, I didn't break them into two pieces - I really wouldn't recommend that. I trimmed the opening of the shin - which has no effect on appearance, since you can't see it. As for the forearms, I took Abrant3's advice and cut slits to allow my hand to pass through. (However, I'm actually planning to use a hybrid on that idea, using heavy duty elastic and certain parts around the opening actually cut out). But that's it.

If you trim the shin openings and modify the forearm pieces, you'll be fine. I've made everything short of the chest (70% complete) and helmet, and those are the only pieces that should require modification.

And again, I would not recommend cutting the pieces in two. That will likely stand out like a sore thumb, and you really don't need to.

I'm probably going to have to do my shoes several times before I get them right, I wish it would only take 3.

I have a size 15 shoe, so...yeah.

And got one thigh plate done. Hoping to pep the other one tonight.

DSC00122.jpg

Only put one section of ribbing on too because I want to make sure it fits around my leg and the one section should be good enough.

nnot beeing funny dude but how big are you and how difficult was it to get it to a size that fits cause i got a somewhat of a big belly and dont think it would look right on me but i want to make a full suite at some point and would like to know howeasy or difficult getting into these things are for the larger people on this forums ?

I'll be honest I am a big guy. I'm using a lot of reference pics and doing manual measurements for all of the pieces. I'm worried about the chest and cod which is why I'm saving those for last.

Where are you guys getting these Pepakura Downloads from? The ones I downloaded don't look like yours. Do I have an older set of blueprints?

I can't help but notice that it looks like the lower part of the bicep piece is protruding. If it is, it's actually supposed to be a depression. If it's not impossible at this point, try pressing that down and inverting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back