Rock's Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blurry pics ahoy!

IMG_1809.jpg

Sorry had to use a camera that wouldn't focus properly.

As for where I got the patterns I am using the Mk VI from the wiki but I'm using the HD models. I tried a few of the LD ones and was unhapy because I wanted more detail.

And thanks Naga, I'll fix that little issue soon.

You stinker , Your pretty far along ,I need to get my boots to fit over high heels .It looks very good & I wish I wait too cut my torso it hella warped & the joints . Wow other new about Abrant3 ,his tuts on youtube totally rocked (stiil wonder why they are gone hmmm) . I think the hand pieces are the hardest part , your look great.

Rock said:
Took a couple of days but I got the left arm done now

IMG_1822.jpg

You sort of look like Burnie Burns (one of the voice actors of Red vs Blue)! LOL

And I also see that you did the HD shoulder piece. I started doing that but I felt it was just too much and decided that I will just add the detail with my dremel. I actually think you should have went with the HD chest piece. Unless you add in all the extra detail later with a dremel or something. I just think that one looks better.

I too wanted to do the 3 piece boot, but the link didn't work for the download so I went with the 2 piece. I can always cut it after fiberglassing so I can still put my foot in. Everything looks good so far too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the chest piece is my one regret so far, that and I don't have much room in the helmet so I may redo those pieces later. For now though I'll work with what I have, or maybe try to blend some of the HD chest with the one I already made.

So I pepped the armor and am now waiting for a full day so I can fiberglass it which leaves one to wonder, what does a spartan do with such downtime. Then I realized that every good Spartan needs a weapon so why not work on one. I decided what the heck I'll go with the Brute Shot and thus another epic journey begins...

45 minutes work later...

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back