Rogue Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomGhost94

So here's my second post. We'll I was surfing ebay a few days ago, and o found a rogue helmet for sale. Later, I end up winning the bid on it. So today it came in the mail, and I was very surprised to see how good it looked. This cast was made by juggernaut. Well I trimmed and sanded it and then put on some paint on it. Still not finished with it, I'm planning to put a good gold visor and motorcycle helmet padding. One question: What padding do you guys use?

Well here's pics:
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0459.jpg

UPDATE:

This is not a Sigma-LS Recast. I am holding 2 of his Rogues and this is alot different than his. I will allow him to say more when he posts so let's squash ALL recast comments. I will delete posts as needed to keep the forums clean and free of insinuations.

Ithica

I have deleted many posts in this thread. This has already been determined in the post above that this is not a recast. I will delete all posts that mention recast or possibilities or even a hint of any such thing. Keep the thread on topic and let's comment on the great find and great work by our fellow 405th Members.

Ithica

Ithica said:
I have deleted many posts in this thread. This has already been determined in the post above that this is not a recast. I will delete all posts that mention recast or possibilities or even a hint of any such thing. Keep the thread on topic and let's comment on the great find and great work by our fellow 405th Members.

Ithica

Not sure I got that sir. could you maybe explain the point you are trying to make??

On topic:

You helmet looks great. The only thing I see that may need touching up is the seam line in the rear of the helmet. A little sanding and a bit of spotting putty and you can make that seam line disappear all together. Looks like you not only got a heck of a deal, but also a great looking helmet. I can't help but think if juggernaut had posted better pics on the ebay page this helmet would have gone for a great deal more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely ignoring everything else about this thread.

That is one good looking helmet for sure, going to have pictures of the end product with the visor in and such?

oh can't wait for mine to turn up!

glad to see another member supporting newer artists like juggernaut.

you are going to have to keep updating us doomghost.

hey guys thanks for the positive feedback. I was gonna paint the top red today, but it's pouring outside, and i will provide pics when it is all finished.

Quick update:

Paintjob is all done and i will also put padding in 2day:

IMG_0462.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg

That's a great paintjob, the weathering's done very well. Can't wait to see it with the visor in.

Out of curiosity, what paint did you use for the red on the helmet?

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
That's a great paintjob, the weathering's done very well. Can't wait to see it with the visor in.

Out of curiosity, what paint did you use for the red on the helmet?

I used Rustoleum Plastic Red Paint, and it says no primer needed on the can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. It's time for me to chime in.

@Doom...Paint looks great. Love the color scheme and the weathering. Keep it up!

@ASM....I just have to strengthen the lower edges and your cast is ready to ship.

@Ben and Ithica...Thanks for your support and comments. My casts are coming out better (that was my frst one). If you ever want to trade casts let me know.

@Everyone...document your WIP in a thread. It's the only thing that saved me. Innocent until proven guilty does not exist on the web or in the court of popular opinion. Don't shoot first and ask questions later. There has been alot of wasted time and energy on one incorrect assumption.

Slowly but surely you can look forward to more projects from me! Keep us posted Doom. Looks great. Can't wait to see your whole project finished!

Harrison aka Juggernaut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back