Rogue (Regulator) Helmet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightstar

Hello everyone. I am a bit of a lurker on these boards, but this year is a new year. I hope to do some good things, but time will tell. Now to the question. Does the Rogue (Regulator) Helmet exist in Halo 3 and does anyone have a Pepakura model of this? I don't have Halo 3, but I have played, own, and beat Halo 1 and 2. I don't know if this model made it in the game or the story behind it. I have yet to find anyone here who has done this model and so I want to see if there is some interest. Sorry to sound like such a n00b, but I have a habit of looking and doing things people have little interest or have never been done. :D

Can you help me?

armors.jpg

rogue is the one at the bottom the one labeled as rogue is actually EOD and yes this is in game and there is a pep file for search slyfo and its slyfo pepeakura thread.

That list of helmet perms is old and inaccurate... if you're looking for what is labeled as Rogue/ Regulator on that one, it is actually the EOD helmet. The real Rogue helmet is the one under it, labeled unknown.

If the one that is listed as Rogue (which is really EOD) is what you're looking for, there's a thread in the pep section that has supertaco's file. Supertaco's EOD helmet.

If the real in-game Rogue helmet is what you're looking for (the one labeled as unknown in your pic), there is no file out for it yet.

Ooooh I see. Oops! :lol: Thanks everyone. Yeah, I'm looking for the 'BlockHeaded' helmet there. I guess that is the EOD then. I have always been impressed by you guys and gals on this board here and I have wanted to rise to the challenge of making my own armor. Halo will NEVER go out of style and I like the block look of that helmet. I have 110# card stock and access to a laser printer here at work so I should get to printing soon.

Since this is my first time should I start with this helmet or just a shoulder piece or something small to make user I get it right?

this helmet should be fine for a first timer, its no where near a detailed as lets say flying_squirrels helmet. i built mine in probally 3 hours total. the face can get a little tricky but by working your way from top to bottom worked well for me. so go for it, and if you screw up then just try again! my EOD helmet is one of the first ones posted in that thread you can see how detailed yet how simple it is to assemble. the only helmet i think would be simpler would have to be the size testers :lol:

dylan Snyder said:
this helmet should be fine for a first timer, its no where near a detailed as lets say flying_squirrels helmet. i built mine in probally 3 hours total. the face can get a little tricky but by working your way from top to bottom worked well for me. so go for it, and if you screw up then just try again! my EOD helmet is one of the first ones posted in that thread you can see how detailed yet how simple it is to assemble. the only helmet i think would be simpler would have to be the size testers :lol:

Thanks, I appreciate the confidants. 'Size Testers'...what are these 'Size Testers' you speak of? I am aware of the sticky threads on Pepakura and scaling so I am pretty sure how to do that. Any Links to these 'Size Testers'?

Last edited by a moderator:
the size testers are individual to each helmet pdo someone makes. the size tester lets say for FS's helmet is a VERY minimally detailed version of his helmet to make sure that it fits right before you spend hours upon hours assembling the real deal. they are very very simple compared to how incredible these new helmets that are being released are. The EOD helmet doesn't have a size tester because it is fairly simple. what i do is i measure the size of my head in cm. from chin to top of the head, open you mouth when you test that way you have room to move your mouth while wearing it. then i add a cm to the actual size and i adjust the height of the helmet in pepakura designer 2. i dont bother with scales i go for direct size measurements, it seems easier for me. but with this EOD helmet instead of adding 1 cm you should add 2 because it seems to be small on everyone who made it. any more questions just let me know!

actually, when I made mine(pics in the same topic as dylans), i didnt modify the scale at all. I make my helmets around the 26.0 cm mark, adjusting when i know said helmet is bigger or smaller.

-FireDrakeArchon

yeah i always set my helmets to 27.5 cuz i have a nice sized cranium. but with the EOD it wouldnt be bad if it were 1cm larger, but i can still wear it fine after i trimmed the neck part so my head could actually fit it :lol:

your better off waiting to do the calfs, biceps, forearms, and space diaper. the HD version of them will be around within the next few months and they are well worth the wait. i personally started building with Slyfo's CQB helmet(more advanced than this EOD) and i think that as long as you're patient you can start wherever you want and you can make anything look good if you are willing to put the time into it. truthfully i found Robogenisis's hand plates to be awfully hard compared to a helmet because it is such a small work space. so start with this EOD, and if you dont do so well, big deal! it's just paper, you cant be perfect at everything the first time you try. So i would like to see you try this EOD helmet. There needs to be more bucket head around here anyways

Spartan 061 said:
THIS THREAD WAS D-E-A-D!

Not really!!! Hey everyone! Thank you for the responds and thoughts. I have take some time off to reevaluate my situation and things I want to do. I started simple on the paper craft stuff with some downloadable figures from a different site for the Mrs. on Valentines day. Same concept as the Pepakura models just smaller. I will start a different thread showing some progress on this. Until then I will head over to the wiki and find that simple helmet and start taking some measurements. Now matter what I do or where I run I always come back to this site to want to make some armor. Need to get with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back