Rookie Odst Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbysheldon

This is my first post, and I've only been using Pepakura for about a month. This is the first helmet I have ever finished.(there are two more, but they are WIPs) I made it in about four days for a friend. He is going to dress up as an ODST this friday at school, for Halloween, so I tried my hardest. He wanted to do the rest of the armor himself.(he's using paintball armor or something for the body armor) I used Rundown's Rookie ODST pepakura file(amazing file, but very hard to fold!) and this is the third helmet I have pepped. I gained much experience from this!

[attachment=13099:DSCF1925.JPG][attachment=13100:DSCF1926.JPG]

After finishing the Pepakura model, I cut out the paper visor and used a sharpie to paint the helmet black. I then custom cut parts of a platic package for the visor and used a blue sharpie to give the visor a blue tint.(this helmet was made on the cheap) Then I taped the visor in place, and I also padded the inside with cotton balls in the top, back and back-sides, because the helmet sat too low and was a little loose.(you can see some of them in the pictures, through the visor)

[attachment=13101:DSCF1928.JPG][attachment=13102:DSCF1929.JPG][attachment=13103:DSCF1930.JPG]

Finally, I made a quick chest plate and home-made harness.

[attachment=13104:DSCF1931.JPG][attachment=13105:DSCF1934.JPG]

These are my first finished armor parts, and my friend is very happy with the helmet and chest plate.(some adjustments may be needed for the harness, though.)

Looks great for being on the "cheap." The visor came out really well too. Its pretty awesome to see some one figure thing out and making something badass even on a tight budget. Great job man. So are you going to do anything for yourself?

Kirrou said:
Looks great for being on the "cheap." The visor came out really well too. Its pretty awesome to see some one figure thing out and making something badass even on a tight budget. Great job man. So are you going to do anything for yourself?

Yes, I'm making a set of Halo CE MJOLNIR Mark V armor, but this time I will resin, fiberglass and bondo it(and I'll use real paint this time!) I've got 85% of the pepping done, just the left arm and right bicep left. I'm using MOZ's wonderful pep files, but it is too cold in northern WI to do any resining or fiberglassing (it's going to get a lot colder too!). I was also looking for alternative methods for hardening the armor without the fiberglass or resin fumes... aqua-resin maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
ARMYofONE2469 said:
You should use smooth cast 300 in the helmet after halo-ween. :D

Awesome build.

I'll think about it, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with the helmet.(plus the friend I made it for lives 45 miles away, and I also did it for free :D )

DeathOfBlades said:
Nice build! But can you see anything through the visor?

I can see, I used small strips of tape for holding the inside of the visor together, and the blue sharpie I used makes an almost mirror like purple-blue outside, but a clear blue inside.(I think it might even amplify some light a little!)

TheBradinatorrr said:
Nice Job! you are a Great peper! you say that they are finnished? :unsure

Finished with the helmet and chest plate, yes; finished with ODST armors, probably not! I say the helmet is finished because I didn't have the money or time(he asked me to do this about a week in advance) to do it up proper.(shrugs) So I did the best I could with what I had, and got great results! For the first helmet I've ever done, I think I did OK(and with the pep model being from Rundown; I, as a beginner, was lucky to survive!{also, I only submitted this last night!?! Thank you all for the responses!!!})

It's great work. For a first helmet, for the ingeniosity of using sharpies to paint, for the excellent visor, you deserve an A if not an A+. You show tremendous skill at doing this tuff. Looking forward to viewing your next achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back