RTWHOCKEY's Halo 3 UNSC Marine armor, 80% cardboard (for my little bro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTWHOCKEY

Objective complete: n00b status achieved!

Hello 405th! Im a 13 year old girl in middle school, and ive just gotten into halo costuming and prop building back at the begining of the summer. If you would like, you can call me by my nickname, Hazel (its not my real name, but ive had it as a nickname for years, and i have no idea where it came from).Ive always liked to build thing (like with legos when i was younger), so halo prop building is a awesome hobby for me, which is why im always building new stuff (check out my youtube channel linked in my signature if you want to stay up to date on my projects). ANYWAYS, enough of my rampling on, lets get to the build!

The suit if actually already complete (minus the cammo undersuit). It was intended to be worn by my little brother, but in the end, he decided he wanted to be and ODST instead (no thread for the build yet). The mini size marine was supposed to be my tiny companion on haloween while i invaded the neighborhood in my mark vi Sarge (RvB) armor. The helmet is pep, with fiberglass and bondo, while the rest of the pieces i free-handed from cardboard, resin, and bondo. So, heres some pics:

196.jpg

the pep'd helmet (found on the halo costuming wiki). sorry if it turnes out a bit blurry. im still trying to figure out photobucket.

002.jpg

resined. again, kinda blurry.

001.jpg

my not- so- clean workbench. somewhere in there you can find a magnum, 2 marine shoulders and a mark vi boot.

Thats all for now. I have 3 or 4 cameras laying around, so i'll have go though them sometime to see if i can find any other pics. more to come soon...

~Hazel

What you have there in the first couple of pics looks pretty good. Pep on the helmet looks clean from what I can tell. Have you been able to do anything else since posting on the 5th? Good work. Just need to keep it up.

Didn't see this the first time around......excellent work! I don't think I had that level of crafts(wo)manship when I was 13.....heck, I was barely getting the hang of plastic models. Excited to see where this is heading!

What you have there in the first couple of pics looks pretty good. Pep on the helmet looks clean from what I can tell. Have you been able to do anything else since posting on the 5th? Good work. Just need to keep it up.
Haha, it's sort of a funny story, the marine armor is actually already done. I'm too darn lazy to put up pics, but it looks pretty good for cardboard, resin and bondo. I also have a full mark vi suit that I spent all summer making (as soon as I can finding good pics, I will start a thread) and an ODST costume for my little brother, but it's basically carboard, hot glue, styrofoam and spray paint, and I'm not proud of it. I will probably start a thread for it, as I will be redoing most of the cardboard pieces in Eva foam, so it will look cleaner and better. I also hsve a decent armory, consisting of a halo 3 AR, SMG, magnum, and energy sword, as well as a reach AR, DMR, sniper rifle, magnum and turret gun (its a frickin huge gun). So to answer your question, yes, I have made a LOT more than just this marine helmet lol.

Great job on the pep work! WE WANT PICS THOUGH!!! As we say here on the 405th..."pics or it didn't happen!" :p

Haha, it's sort of a funny story, the marine armor is actually already done. I'm too darn lazy to put up pics, but it looks pretty good for cardboard, resin and bondo. I also have a full mark vi suit that I spent all summer making (as soon as I can finding good pics, I will start a thread) and an ODST costume for my little brother, but it's basically carboard, hot glue, styrofoam and spray paint, and I'm not proud of it. I will probably start a thread for it, as I will be redoing most of the cardboard pieces in Eva foam, so it will look cleaner and better. I also hsve a decent armory, consisting of a halo 3 AR, SMG, magnum, and energy sword, as well as a reach AR, DMR, sniper rifle, magnum and turret gun (its a frickin huge gun). So to answer your question, yes, I have made a LOT more than just this marine helmet lol.

Awe come on, man!!!! You're killing me Smalls. . . Killing Me!!!!!!!! Laziness is NO Excuse!!!!!! :p We want to see some pics. Sounds like you got a closet full of stuff!!!! Well. . . at least that's what you say. . . . . maybe if we saw some pics, we'd believe you. . . LMAO!!!!!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Awe come on, man!!!! You're killing me Smalls. . . Killing Me!!!!!!!! Laziness is NO Excuse!!!!!! :p We want to see some pics. Sounds like you got a closet full of stuff!!!! Well. . . at least that's what you say. . . . . maybe if we saw some pics, we'd believe you. . . LMAO!!!!!! :p

Haha, yeah, yeah, but of course, school comes first. If you want proof, you can always check out my YouTube channel linked in my signature. I upload a video usually every weekend or so. Just ask Caboose vs Grif!

Truth is I can't exactly upload pics here because my grades have been pretty bad. Like D's and F's bad. So my mom took my laptop and I can only upload videos from my iPod. Once I'm on winter break, I'll have a TON of new pics, just hold tight for a week and a half!

Sorry for the double post.

I feel like I want to kick something right now. I just spent the last 20 minutes going back and forth between here and photobucket, copying and pasting pics, then all the sudden the page reloaded and all my copy pasting was gone. :(

But anyways, here's the last pic I copied, it's the reach turret I mentioned.
4B1CAFB3.jpg

I'll have more pics soon, so hang in there...

Haha, yeah, yeah, but of course, school comes first. If you want proof, you can always check out my YouTube channel linked in my signature. I upload a video usually every weekend or so. Just ask Caboose vs Grif!

Truth is I can't exactly upload pics here because my grades have been pretty bad. Like D's and F's bad. So my mom took my laptop and I can only upload videos from my iPod. Once I'm on winter break, I'll have a TON of new pics, just hold tight for a week and a half!

Pics look good. Don't worry about the pics and everything. Focus on school first. You definitely need to keep your grades out of the F region. We'll be here waiting when you're able to post them.

Looking good. Are you going to put bondo on the turret by any chance? School definitely comes first though!

Small update:

I filmed this quick video of the finished marine helmet. Enjoy!

Ps: if you have a YouTube account, please subscribe to me!!! I feel so lonely with 22 subscribers lol!!!

Dude I'm totally in the same boat you are. Well maybe not D's and F's, but honestly C's and the possibility of being forced to transfer to another school is not much better. I would have built a lot more this semester, but my grades were really taking a hit. I don't exactly think that building was the entire problem, but I did, and do, need to focus more on school. So definitely get the more important stuff out of the way first

Excellent work man. Definitely keep it up (after you get your grades up. As all of us have been saying, SCHOOL FIRST!)! We'll all be rooting for you!

Also, watched your vids. Totally subbed.

~Rex

Update time!

Well, winter break has come, which means grade go out the window and my life becomes obsessed with halo!

Heres the finished helmet:
5A45D603.jpg

7A8CD2F8.jpg

C07729D2.jpg

04D27319.jpg

Heres me wearing it. The reach assault rifle is made out of styafoam. (dafrontlinetrooper anyone?) I might start a seperate thread for my weapons. What do you think?
0902C443.jpg

DC5A1133.jpg

my beautiful face ;)
016.jpg

all right, helmet done. On to the chest. it has a UNSC logo painted on it but the flash ruins it. it also has 2 stips of velcro to attatch a knife, radio, ect.
025.jpg

chest done. shoulder pieces.
the shoulder pieces and a magnum i made freehand out of chardstock, resin and bondo, primed and ready for paint.
And no, this is not from 2009, the date on my camera is just really off :p
011-1.jpg

Thats all for now. Thanks for viewing!

Subscribed. Awesome work. Keep it up.

That is all.

In all seriousness though, you have some skeelz chiquita. I really want to see more of the Jorge cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back